Zodiac: A to Z Podcast

15 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

Michael Butterfield has a new podcast entitled "Zodiac: A to Z". Only one episode so far that features Dave Oranchak discussing the 408. So far, it’s only available on YouTube as best as I can tell.

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : August 9, 2019 8:19 pm
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAAgDSQoNDI

… direct link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAAgDSQoNDI&t=250s

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : August 9, 2019 10:55 pm
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member

The voice actor playing Zodiac does a great job, chillingly creepy.

Posted : August 10, 2019 12:20 am
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

Morf was on the most recent episode dealing with Riverside and CJB.

So far, the episodes dealing with actual crimes have been interesting and informative. The ones in which he discusses pop culture with his high school buddy, not so much.

– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : November 5, 2019 6:39 pm
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

Dave Oranchak was on the latest episode of Butterfield’s podcast discussing the Z340.

– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : November 25, 2019 5:30 pm
doranchak
(@doranchak)
Member Admin

Dave Oranchak was on the latest episode of Butterfield’s podcast discussing the Z340.

Be sure to check out the bonus segment that was just released, about various Z340 solutions.

http://zodiackillerciphers.com

Posted : November 27, 2019 12:30 am
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

Be sure to check out the bonus segment that was just released, about various Z340 solutions.

Bonus episode released today with both Dave and Morf discussing the 340 and the possibility of identifying Zodiac.

– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : November 28, 2019 2:58 am
(@bill-bailey-2)
Trusted Member

This is way better than some of the other "big name" Zodiac podcasts. Well done sir, well done.

Posted : December 5, 2019 8:05 pm
TommyT
(@tommyt)
Estimable Member

So far so very good after 3 episodes. You were awesome explaining things Dave, so thanks for that.

Posted : December 15, 2019 1:40 pm
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

Episode 9 dropped yesterday. The topic was whether Foulke and Zelms actually stopped and talked to Zodiac or if Zodiac was lying.

One thing that caught my attention – and it is really trivial I know – but Butterfield said that the police pulled up behind Stine cab on the "northwest corner of Washington and Cherry and saw the teenagers in front of the house on the southwest corner". Didn’t the shooting happen at the NORTHEAST corner and the Robbins home was across the street on the SOUTHEAST corner?

Please tell me I haven’t had the location of the crime scene wrong all this time….

– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : December 18, 2019 6:58 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

Episode 9 dropped yesterday. The topic was whether Foulke and Zelms actually stopped and talked to Zodiac or if Zodiac was lying.

One thing that caught my attention – and it is really trivial I know – but Butterfield said that the police pulled up behind Stine cab on the "northwest corner of Washington and Cherry and saw the teenagers in front of the house on the southwest corner". Didn’t the shooting happen at the NORTHEAST corner and the Robbins home was across the street on the SOUTHEAST corner?

Please tell me I haven’t had the location of the crime scene wrong all this time….

It was an error on Butterfield’s part.

Posted : December 18, 2019 11:51 pm
(@charliemartin)
Trusted Member

Chaucer,
The houses relation to the points on the compass Butterfield gave are the correct ones.

charliemartin

Posted : June 21, 2020 10:10 am
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

No, they are not, and MB has said as much. He has since put out a corrected episode.

Speaking of which…there hasn’t been a new episode since the beginning of the pandemic. Is the podcast toast or on hiatus or what?

– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : June 21, 2020 9:58 pm
(@michael-butterfield)

The podcast will return soon, but, like many others, I’ve had more important things to deal with in the last 3 months. I’m working on episodes when I have free time, but there’s not much of that these days. Thanks for noticing the absence, tho. Hopefully the world will go back to something resembling normal soon. Hope you’re all doing well, all things considered.

Take care,
Michael

Posted : July 5, 2020 2:59 am
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

New episode out. This one has David Oranchak on a guest to discuss the codes and his new YouTube series. Hopefully more episodes will be forthcoming.

– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : December 3, 2020 9:13 pm
Share: