9 Users
0 Reactions
13.4 K Views
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If Zodiac ever joined a Z forum, I’m sure he would have been banned for not following forum rules. Zam’s/Quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted : November 27, 2013 5:09 am
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

If Zodiac ever joined a Z forum, I’m sure he would have been banned for not following forum rules. Zam’s/Quote

Posted : November 27, 2013 5:10 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Wow, there is some good information in those articles.

First that the car police was seeking, in fact was a brown one. In connection with Z’s letter and the phone booth incidend it therefore may be expected to be true. Another issue is the tire track distance, which perfectly fits a Ford Mercury Comet. Z therefore imo had a Ford Mercury Comet, brown to light tan in color. This is also a statement Kathleen Johns had made. Another point: The earlier Mercury Comet model had two Z symbols on its front.

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : November 28, 2013 1:56 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

First that the car police was seeking, in fact was a brown one. In connection with Z’s letter and the phone booth incidend it therefore may be expected to be true. Another issue is the tire track distance, which perfectly fits a Ford Mercury Comet. Z therefore imo had a Ford Mercury Comet, brown to light tan in color. This is also a statement Kathleen Johns had made. Another point: The earlier Mercury Comet model had two Z symbols on its front.

Then the casings..ten shots fired, possibly two into the car plus one and five for killing. Therefore eight shots fired at least, with still two bullets missing. In one of the article it is said that few single shots had been fired, then a rapid gunfire.

The bullets missing therefore presumably had been shot from the place where Faraday had been killed into the direction of Jensen. Not above Jensen’s car as we had thought in earlier discussions. The bullets therefore still may be in this area.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : November 28, 2013 2:00 pm
smithy
(@smithy)
Prominent Member

Thanks Zam – marvellous stuff. I especially like that last one. Do we know who wrote it?

Posted : November 29, 2013 2:47 pm
(@billrobison)
Trusted Member

I must say, this is the best Zodiac site by far when it comes to digging up new material. Thanks for the articles and photos, folks!

Also, the Zodiac crosshair circle symbol is (or at least was) used on boxes of ammo to indicate that the ammo was in compliance with NATO standards. Since Z made a big deal about what brand of ammo he bought, maybe he expected someone to notice that.

But these photos of the Vomet (sorry, couldn’t resist) are just jaw-dropping.

Keep it up!

Posted : July 27, 2014 7:41 am
(@deplorable-at-best)
Trusted Member

Maybe a 1963 Chvey Corvair Spyder…

Posted : July 27, 2014 8:52 am
doranchak
(@doranchak)
Member Admin

Was going through these articles again and I wanted to say how much we all appreciate the effort you went through to collect these! Thanks so much!!

http://zodiackillerciphers.com

Posted : June 1, 2015 1:48 am
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

We were clued to these articles by Wrench who picked up a few and posted them at ZKF. A group went down to the Vallejo library where there is a binder the librarians compiled with all the Zodiac articles from the Vallejo paper. It was a matter of making copies of all the pages and then scanning and posting. The librarians deserve much of the credit for putting together the binder and making it available to the public. The 1969 microfilm for the VTH was stolen long ago from the library.

www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com

Posted : June 1, 2015 2:01 am
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin

We were clued to these articles by Wrench who picked up a few and posted them at ZKF. A group went down to the Vallejo library where there is a binder the librarians compiled with all the Zodiac articles from the Vallejo paper. It was a matter of making copies of all the pages and then scanning and posting. The librarians deserve much of the credit for putting together the binder and making it available to the public. The 1969 microfilm for the VTH was stolen long ago from the library.

I actually heard from Wrench/Bentley the other day :D I am happy to say. I miss him being on the hunt for Z. I think, he may be happily ‘retired’ from Z chasing, but left him an open invite to rejoin us anytime.

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : June 1, 2015 2:40 am
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Vallejo Library Artictles. Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:13 pm
Sept. 2010, spent a few hours in the Vallejo Library with the Z gurls. It was, Sandy, Tracers, Dehlia, Neen and Myself. I scanned the whole Z folder, and will be posting a couple of the articles every few days for all of us to see. Some we might of seen before, others not…. as I will be posting them in the order copied from the Zodiac Blinder.

Back in 2010, our mission was to get the Z blinder articles, all of them. Mission accomplished & great team work. And yes, thank you to the JFK Library in Vallejo for compiling all the letters. There are more letters from this binder, scanned and posted by dates to try to keep them organized.

And Morf, so glad you heard from Wrench/Bentley as he brought some great ideas, research and energy to all the Z forums. Please tell him, we all think of him & his is missed, but we get it, time to get a real life as this takes a lot of time.

Zamantha*

Posted : June 1, 2015 8:50 am
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

Here are more articles that Zam had posted at the old site from the binder that never got transferred.

The continued page for the above article seems to be missing.

Posted : June 24, 2015 6:54 pm
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

More articles from the binder, these are from 1971.

Posted : June 24, 2015 7:00 pm
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

More articles from the binder, these are from 1972.

Times-Herald, Vallejo, Cal, Weds. April 19, 1972

Vallejo Times Herald, November 13, 1972

Posted : June 24, 2015 7:05 pm
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

These articles from the binder are from 1973-1978.

Time-Herald, Vallejo Sunday May 13, 1973
(Posting these in the order of the Z Binder.)

Vallejo Times Herald, Jan 31, 1974

Times Herald, Vallejo, Friday February 1, 1974

Vallejo Times Herald, April 25, 1975

Vallejo Times Herald May 2, 1975

TheTimes Herald Solano & Napa County’s Morning Newspaper, Friday, January 23, 1976

Sunday Times Herald Oct 31, 1976

April 26, 1789

Posted : June 24, 2015 7:15 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: