1976 Zodiac letter to the editor?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin
Topic starter

This is in the theory section because it’s just that, a theory. This 1976 letter to the editor published in the 11/4/76 San Mateo Times smacks of Z.

*The writer starts off with, "I have never written a letter to a newspaper before", as if he is trying to stress that, maybe for fear local papers were watching their incoming letters.

*Further down, the writer writes "Dear Mr Editor", the same line that the 1974 SLA letter from Z starts off.

*Lastly, the last paragraph, "IF YOU DO NOT PUBLISH THIS LETTER"……then almost ends it with a joke, "I will have no other option but to write a letter to Playboy magazine".

Where it gets even more interesting, is where they sign off as, M.A. CLINTON, San Mateo. I looked in the 1976 San Mateo Directory under last name of Clinton, and there’s only one M.A. CLINTON, and that’s Mathilda A. Clinton, wife of J. HART CLINTON, President of the San Mateo Times.

I find that really odd, and I doubt that she would write a letter to the editor of her own paper, but I could Z getting a jab in like this, and nobody at the paper even catching it. Any thoughts?

J. Hart Clinton; Editor and Publisher, 87

Published: June 18, 1992
EMAIL
PRINT

J. Hart Clinton, retired editor and publisher of The Times of San Mateo, died at Mills Hospital here on Tuesday after a brief illness. He was 87 years old.

Mr. Clinton was appointed publisher of The Times in 1943 and became its editor in 1959. He was succeeded as publisher in 1987 by his son, John H. Clinton, but continued to serve as editor until his retirement this year.

He was also a partner in the San Francisco law firm of Morrison, Foerster, Holloway, Clinton & Clark, where he worked primarily in labor law.

In addition to his son, he is survived by his wife, Babes; two daughters; two stepsons, and several grandchildren.

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : October 21, 2014 10:02 pm
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : October 21, 2014 10:20 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

I see what you are saying. Z items are there but I don’t know. I really don’t find it odd for her to write her own paper. I am the type of smart*** that would do just that.

Tahoe, I don’t know the reason but every time you post an attachment I cant see it. Really hate that.

Soze

Posted : October 22, 2014 9:41 pm
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Can everyone else see it?

It’s from "Peoplefinders.com"…..M A Clinton, 94, San Mateo, CA — Mathilda(e) A Clinton…and J. Hart Clinton (Babes Clinton too)

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : October 23, 2014 12:43 am
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

It’s from "Peoplefinders.com"…..M A Clinton, 94, San Mateo, CA — Mathilda(e) A Clinton…and J. Hart Clinton (Babes Clinton too)

I can. I think sometimes images don’t load for whatever reason but they usually re-appear. Or … Soze, update your eyes to v2.1? :D

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : October 23, 2014 1:32 am
vasa croe
(@vasa-croe)
Honorable Member

I can see it.

Posted : October 24, 2014 3:52 am
Share: