2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
doranchak
(@doranchak)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Nin, Subject: Original 1969 Press Photo   Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:48 pm

The original photograph does not contain the watermark. Once I receive the piece I will rescan it. ;)

morf13, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:54 pm

really nice & clear

Nin, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:06 pm

really nice & clear

Agree. Again, once I get it I will repost the watermark free copy.

-Nin

rand, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:48 am

Not that it means anything, but has anyone noticed that Z’s Thing mocks the card’s thing in terms of the big round dot over the i and the exclamation point(s) after "thing with it! – I could do my thing!!!!!!!"? Also, Z’s "thing" refers back to the card’s message: I just washed my pen, and I can’t do a thing with it. Z responds: so lonely I could do my thing!!!!!!

Zamantha, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:30 am

Not that it means anything, but has anyone noticed that Z’s Thing mocks the card’s thing in terms of the big round dot over the i and the exclamation point(s) after "thing with it! – I could do my thing!!!!!!!"? Also, Z’s "thing" refers back to the card’s message: I just washed my pen, and I can’t do a thing with it. Z responds: so lonely I could do my thing!!!!!!

Yes I always notice the i (=eye ?) and the 6 explanation marks.

AK Wilks, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:36 pm

lonelyT

, Subject: the Pachuco cross and the dots….   Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:42 pm

In Deer Lodge there were certain tattoos gangs would wear.This one the Mexican gangs would wear (there were only 15 of them) . As Zodiac was an imitator and his life was about pain and getting back at the ones that inflicted it on him… The innocent kids were a tool and to be his ‘slaves in paradise’ in his twisted mind. Interesting to note, when I went to make copies of Bujok’s handwriting the saleswoman ‘Alfie’ said "This handwriting sure is boxy!" I can’t wait for you all to see it. The ‘pachuco cross’ is the first one, the second ‘the dots represent’ "mi vida loca" or "my crazy life." I believe zodiac may have made up his own gang sign based on what he saw.

Nin, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:10 pm

In Deer Lodge there were certain tattoos gangs would wear.This one the Mexican gangs would wear (there were only 15 of them) . As Zodiac was an imitator and his life was about pain and getting back at the ones that inflicted it on him… The innocent kids were a tool and to be his ‘slaves in paradise’ in his twisted mind. Interesting to note, when I went to make copies of Bujok’s handwriting the saleswoman ‘Alfie’ said "This handwriting sure is boxy!" I can’t wait for you all to see it. The ‘pachuco croos’ is the first one, the second ‘the dots represent’ "mi vida loca" or "my crazy life." I believe zodiac may have made up his own gang sign based on what he saw.

Interesting!

http://www.gangsorus.com/gang_tattoos.html

Nin, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Dryman had a dot tatooed on his forehead, by the way.

-Nin

, Subject: Bujok did that in the handwriting I have….   Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:49 pm

He liked to make those big dots over his j’s and i’s. He was very lonely! The reason he did what he did was because he was very ill and had been abused by people in authority. The truth is very little was known about Bi-Polar disorder at the time and Bujok probably gone through hell! In that hell-hole of a prison they would feed them only bread and water when in solitary and then give them salted pork or beef and not give them enough water…. The guards would than laugh at their cries for more water. Zodiac was created! That was where the little poem he wrote came from I believe. Morf you will get the handwriting! I have to get a few things cleaned up and I am also having a professional look at it tomorrow. She has already worked Zodiac before she says…

Kevin B.

In Bonus Fides, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:09 am

He liked to make those big dots over his j’s and i’s. He was very lonely! The reason he did what he did was because he was very ill and had been abused by people in authority. The truth is very little was known about Bi-Polar disorder at the time and Bujok probably gone through hell! In that hell-hole of a prison they would feed them only bread and water when in solitary and then give them salted pork or beef and not give them enough water…. The guards would than laugh at their cries for more water. Zodiac was created! That was where the little poem he wrote came from I believe. Morf you will get the handwriting! I have to get a few things cleaned up and I am also having a professional look at it tomorrow. She has already worked Zodiac before she says…

Kevin B.

I was reserving further comment…..until Nanette Barto enters the conversation.

I have the feeling this site is about to become a bit of a circus.

Morf….don’t let this happen HERE.

I will post no further and watch from afar from here on in. :roll:

morf13, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:22 am

Kevin B.

I was reserving further comment…..until Nanette Barto enters the conversation.

I have the feeling this site is about to become a bit of a circus.

Morf….don’t let this happen HERE.

I will post no further and watch from afar from here on in. :roll:

I agree, I hope it is NOT N.Barto. Please say it isnt so Kevin. :roll:

zodio, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:41 am

Oh my! Piddles is going to say Jack wrote it and NOT Bujok.

traveller1st, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:31 pm

The original photograph does not contain the watermark. Once I receive the piece I will rescan it. ;)

Did you ever get around to scanning the original without the watermark NIN? Would love to see it.

Also discovered this in relation to the use of the word "Thing". If we only had a mailing address for this nutbag we could write a know-it-all response to this and the SLA card.

Dear Mr Zodiac,

Did you know that the word "Thing" is derived from the The Old Norse, Old Frisian and Old English word "þing" meaning assembly and also they are derived from Common Germanic *þengan meaning "appointed time".

A Researcher

:tongue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thing_(assembly )

bentley, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Now figure out the significance of the 6 exclamation marks, the 6 underlines and the 2-3-1 dot pattern under the marks. I think he does get to the bottom of his letters and add this stuff for emphasis (hmm, I guess that’s obvious), much like we put these emoticons or whatever they are called, at the end of our posts. :scratch:

traveller1st, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Now figure out the significance of the 6 exclamation marks, the 6 underlines and the 2-3-1 dot pattern under the marks. I think he does get to the bottom of his letters and add this stuff for emphasis (hmm, I guess that’s obvious), much like we put these emoticons or whatever they are called, at the end of our posts. :scratch:

Simples. They either mean something or nothing or both or neither. :)

Ok, I don’t know, for shame lol.

tahoe27, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:24 pm

They either mean something or nothing or both or neither. :)

Best answer ever! :D

traveller1st, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:28 pm

In Deer Lodge there were certain tattoos gangs would wear.This one the Mexican gangs would wear (there were only 15 of them) . As Zodiac was an imitator and his life was about pain and getting back at the ones that inflicted it on him… The innocent kids were a tool and to be his ‘slaves in paradise’ in his twisted mind. Interesting to note, when I went to make copies of Bujok’s handwriting the saleswoman ‘Alfie’ said "This handwriting sure is boxy!" I can’t wait for you all to see it. The ‘pachuco croos’ is the first one, the second ‘the dots represent’ "mi vida loca" or "my crazy life." I believe zodiac may have made up his own gang sign based on what he saw.

Interesting!

http://www.gangsorus.com/gang_tattoos.html

Was looking for something else among my 27+Gb of Zodiac stuff and wondered what this was and opened it. It a piece of artwork from Antonin Artaud and I’m only aware of him because Manalli list a quote from him as one of his favorites.

Thought the circled doohickeys looked like the tatts Kevin B posted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonin_Artaud

Seagull, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:01 pm

Trav here’s a link to a page on Howard Davis’s site about the dots under the exclaimation points. It’s something Mike R came up with. Mike no longer has a site or I would have linked to that. Mike posts here and perhaps he would be willing to expand on his thoughts about the card.

http://www.thezodiacmansonconnection.co … _card.html

traveller1st, Subject: Re: Original 1969 Press Photo   Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Cool thanks Deb,

Will check that out.

http://zodiackillerciphers.com

Posted : April 9, 2013 9:37 pm
(@mike_r)
Prominent Member

Hi-

This image sort of reinforces how much intent went into the creation of those three different types of dots below the exclamation points: two solid round dots, three stippled ones and the "streak." They either have significance or not but it sure looks like he intended them all to appear different from one another!

Mike

Mike Rodelli

Author, The Hunt for Zodiac; 3.9 stars on Amazon and
In The Shadow of Mt. Diablo: The Shocking True Identity of the Zodiac Killer, a second edition in print format. 4.3 Amazon stars and great Editorial reviews. Twitter:@mikerodelli

Posted : April 9, 2013 9:59 pm
Share: