Circle 8 Ranch

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Barry S.
(@barry-s)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Since traveller1st killed my Triple Taurus hunch with some fancy Photoshoppin’, here’s some more. Check out these far-flung references.

Circle 8 Ranch

Also a TV Program:
Aired in the us as well.

From 1955 until 1978, Circle 8 Ranch was a popular weekly country and western television program broadcast each Tuesday night on Wingham, Ontario’s CKNX, Channel 8. It began as a radio program called the CKNX Barn Dance on CKNX’s AM sister station.

The half hour variety show was first hosted by broadcaster Johnny Brent, then later by musician Ernie King. The program featured popular country acts of the local, provincial and national stage. Each program ended with the memorable words "Lets say goodbye like we said hello, in a friendly kind of way…"
    Don Robertson’s Ranch Boys hosted many CKNX Barn Dances in the Southcentral and Southwestern Ontario areas. The travelling show was an offshoot of the popular program.

Regular cast members who developed into regional celebrities were Ernie King, Hugh Elder, Ross Mann, Don Robertson, Cora Robertson, Wayne Riehl and Ron Coulthard. Over the years, the program helped launch the careers of such Canadian music luminaries as Tommy Hunter, Al Cherney, Gordie Tapp, The Good Brothers, Gordon Lightfoot and The Mercey Brothers.[/list:u:2vwwsyzj]

Actual Ranches
    There are/were Circle 8 ranches in Washington, Montana, Nevada, Texas and New Mexico [but none in California as far as I can tell]

Circle 8-ers
    Or maybe Z was a square-dancin’ fool.

Posted : October 16, 2015 9:22 am
(@pinkphantom)
Honorable Member

Or maybe it means the thue-morse sequence is a base 8. https://cs.uwaterloo.ca/~shallit/Talks/green3.pdf

Perhaps the symbols should be perceived as a circle with 8 lines (a pie with 8 pieces instead of 4 like the Zodiac’s usual crosshairs symbol).

I was inspired to look up circle 8 after seeing this. Thanks for posting. I think it’s a very important topic. I also think your theory of it representing a ranch is very interesting!

Posted : October 16, 2015 8:35 pm
Barry S.
(@barry-s)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I see someone beat me to it: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=1882&start=30

Posted : October 16, 2015 10:48 pm
Share: