Clear all

Literal use of the Radians & Inches

48 Posts
12 Users
15 Reactions
(@cragle)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Hear is a map I made. I have started at Magnetic North and then marked each Radian out (57.2 Degrees). Next I measured 1 Inch along each Radian and Marked by using a circle. which will go through each Radian at exactly 1 Inch along it.

Also I have tried to mark on the rightside of the map roughly the area the corresponds to the Radian-Inch.

One thing that was interesting is that if you look at this thread for an earlier post the Radian 3 – Inch 3 marks out exactly to where the Crosshair from the Bus Bomb Diagram lands when aligned on the map. Strange coincidence.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3975

It is also worth noting that at this point 2 days before the letter – June 24th Edward C Sisneroz of 33664 Sixth St. Union City – Suicide by Carbon Monoxide in Car

Posted : December 7, 2018 9:42 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Coorrrect

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : December 8, 2018 2:14 am
(@cragle)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I’m going further down the rabbit hole now.

In the little list letter where in the later cross-hair Z gives the clue about radians and inches. In the earlier one there is obviously his usual tally figure, it is interesting that the large O is directly over radian 4 when imposed on to the Phillips map. So if we imply literal thinking to this maybe the 32 Cipher contains the words Radian and Inch. Along this Radian their are only 3 points that could be a potential site for the bomb:- 1,2,5.

On the original Bomb letter he has 5 crosses around the cross hair symbol, probably just a coincidence.

Plug this into the 32 Cipher and only 1 combination fits the bottom lines:-

4 R A D I A N S 5 I N C H E S

So if we look at this point on the map ?

At the time of his letter the nearby college had recently opened and they were extending the road "Sharp Park Road" to four lanes, meaning that nobody would think twice about an apparent construction worker digging on the road. This also would have been the main road that students used to travel from Pacifica to Skyline college. The topography of the land does look similar to the diagram on the bus bomb letter.

The best fit i have made for the top half of the Cipher in the short time is referencing SPRD (Sharp Park Road) and the reservoir that is on the road Reservior No. 7. Not sure what the 5 at the beginning could signify.

5 S P R D R E S E R V O I R N O 7
4 R A D I A N S 5 I N C H E S

Also using this key with the My Name Is Cipher comes up with the following

E I – C – – – R – – – E R

Coincidentally this is also the area that the Gypsy Hill Killer would operate a few years later.

Posted : December 15, 2018 1:00 am
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member

I find the last three radians interesting as they all point to water, which was Gareth Penn’s theory on the original radians.

Posted : December 15, 2018 1:02 am
Marclean
(@marcelo-leandro)
Prominent Member

Very interesting work.Mr Cragle :)
Some time ago I observed that the line of proportion is almost the same size as the lines in the crossed circle. Nothing that is related to his work, however, the scale is, if there is any solution to this "inch" code, fundamental to a close result of the "real"

Marcelo

https://zodiacode1933.blogspot.com/

Posted : December 16, 2018 11:02 pm
(@cragle)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Ok now taking this a step further I have put the known locations of attacks and following correspondence. Using this I have drawn lines between them and highlighted the area which seem to be where to most crossovers happen. This seems to Radian 4 & 2 Inches around Redwood Road

Posted : February 19, 2019 11:46 pm
(@cragle)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

There seem to be two schools in this area Merritt Community College and Skyline High School. Interestingly though in early January 1970 the below article appeared in the newsapapers. This also very close to the Radian 4 Inch 2 section on the map.

Posted : February 20, 2019 12:16 am
(@cragle)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Also Skyline High was the subject of a bomb scare in the May of 1971.

Posted : February 20, 2019 12:40 am
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

There seem to be two schools in this area Merritt Community College and Skyline High School. Interestingly though in early January 1970 the below article appeared in the newsapapers. This also very close to the Radian 4 Inch 2 section on the map.

St Mary’s college is there also. The 32 character works out, in my opinion, to Christian brothers st Mary’s college.

Soze

Posted : February 20, 2019 4:13 am
(@cragle)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

As this was a double sided map I thought I would look at the reverse portion of the map as below, whilst again showing the radians and inches along these (obviously reversed as it is the reverse of the map). When doing this something very interesting pops up, one of the radian lines along the inches dissects the location of where the Domingos Edwards murder took place. If my calculations are correct :lol: was Z claiming these as his victims ?

Posted : April 8, 2019 7:13 pm
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin

Remember: Zodiac sent this map and code to point to where he was putting or would hide the BOMB he claimed to have made. There is nothing to indicate it had any other meaning besides that.

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : April 9, 2019 7:04 pm
(@cragle)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Whilst that may be true it is still a hell of a coincidence

Posted : April 11, 2019 10:17 pm
shaqmeister
(@shaqmeister)
Reputable Member

I have to say, IMHO any consideration of ‘literal’ radians in regard to the Z32 cipher is a red herring.

A ‘radian’ is a unit of angular measure. In the ‘Little List’ letter, the clue that he gives there is specifically worded:

PS. The Mt. Diablo Code concerns Radians & # inches along the radians.

There simply is no reasonable sense in which it is possible to conceive of a distance “along” a radian (angle).

In regard to the underlying idea of what is, effectively, a system of polar coordinates, the angle identifies a direction and the corresponding distance is that along that direction. This distance, designated r in polar coordinates, is the “radial distance” or, simply, the “radius.” Distance “along” a radius does make sense, and is essentially the one half of the whole concept of polar coordinates.

Further, Zodiac has specifically gone to the trouble on the Diablo map to quarter out his ‘compass’ with the major divisions 0, 3, 6, 9, which division would serve no purpose whatsoever if his intention was then to give an angle in radians.

I believe that this is just another example—as in the case of various deliberate spelling mistakes—to promote confusion and engender speculation as to his intelligence and level of education, so as to encourage everyone to consider multiple (erroneous) avenues of speculation beyond the obvious ones.

“This isn’t right! It’s not even wrong!”—Wolfgang Pauli (1900–1958)

Posted : May 10, 2019 11:11 pm
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin

I have to say, IMHO any consideration of ‘literal’ radians in regard to the Z32 cipher is a red herring.

A ‘radian’ is a unit of angular measure. In the ‘Little List’ letter, the clue that he gives there is specifically worded:

There simply is no reasonable sense in which it is possible to conceive of a distance “along” a radian (angle).

In regard to the underlying idea of what is, effectively, a system of polar coordinates, the angle identifies a direction and the corresponding distance is that along that direction. This distance, designated r in polar coordinates, is the “radial distance” or, simply, the “radius.” Distance “along” a radius does make sense, and is essentially the one half of the whole concept of polar coordinates.

Further, Zodiac has specifically gone to the trouble on the Diablo map to quarter out his ‘compass’ with the major divisions 0, 3, 6, 9, which division would serve no purpose whatsoever if his intention was then to give an angle in radians.

I believe that this is just another example—as in the case of various deliberate spelling mistakes—to promote confusion and engender speculation as to his intelligence and level of education, so as to encourage everyone to consider multiple (erroneous) avenues of speculation beyond the obvious ones.

Could it be that rather than an intentional red herring, Zodiac is simply showing an incomplete and/or simplistic knowledge of radians/coordinates/mathematics?

As they say, "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

I think it’s possible that Zodiac has some knowledge of this sort of thing, but not enough, and his lack of forte leads to confusion in its use?

That said, I think Zodiac was probably conflating radians with radius, just like many of us have (myself included). I don’t see this as deliberate. I see this as an indication of a lack of expertise.

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : February 28, 2020 7:03 pm
(@masootz)
Reputable Member

Could it be that rather than an intentional red herring, Zodiac is simply showing an incomplete and/or simplistic knowledge of radians/coordinates/mathematics?

As they say, "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

I think it’s possible that Zodiac has some knowledge of this sort of thing, but not enough, and his lack of forte leads to confusion in its use?

That said, I think Zodiac was probably conflating radians with radius, just like many of us have (myself included). I don’t see this is deliberate. I see this as an indication of a lack of expertise.

i agree, and i’d add his knowledge of ciphers to the list of things he seemed to know enough about to make himself feel smart.

Posted : February 28, 2020 7:09 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: