Clear all

Phillips 66

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@ithinkiknow)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Where did the Zodiac get the Phillips 66 map? I suppose it’s possible that one could be obtained by mail. However, it seems much more likely that one would obtain such a map at a local franchise.

Has anyone gotten a list of Phillips 66 locations in the Bay Area? I see the marks on the map that seem to indicate locations, but I am particularly interested in the names/addresses of those businesses.

Posted : November 9, 2018 7:09 pm
(@capricorn)
Honorable Member

He probably got the map free at a Phillips 66 gas station. Most gas stations had them available and also provided full service in those days!

Posted : November 9, 2018 9:16 pm
(@ithinkiknow)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I hear you, Capricorn, but I’m still interested in knowing the locations on the Phillips 66 franchises in the Bay Area.

Posted : November 10, 2018 2:43 am
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

I hear you, Capricorn, but I’m still interested in knowing the locations on the Phillips 66 franchises in the Bay Area.

The Zodiac map itself can tell you. Phillips 66 station locations are shown on it, and yes, there was one in Vallejo.

http://www.zodiackiller.com/HugeMap.html

Posted : November 10, 2018 7:42 am
(@simplicity)
Prominent Member

There’s no better place to find a Phillips 66 service station than on the very map you speak of.

And also I too (assuming the link your looking for) believe the zodiac worked with cars for a living,

Not because of a stines brother link
Not because of this phillips66 map
Not because he knew how to tamper with cars or anything about that theme.

But rather it’s the numerous different cars he was driving during a short span of time. Believing reports on a face value basis.

Yes, dyslexia is probably my first undiagnosed language.

Posted : November 10, 2018 10:09 am
(@ithinkiknow)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

My POI claims to have worked for a service station in the Bay Area in the mid-1960s. I know the name of the business; I do not know the brand of gasoline they sold. That’s why I’m interested in determining the names and (approximate) locations of the Phillips 66 franchises.

Posted : November 10, 2018 7:00 pm
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

My POI claims to have worked for a service station in the Bay Area in the mid-1960s. I know the name of the business;

It’s quite possible someone here can tell you all about that service station but you need to post the name. Don’t post the name of your POI though.

Posted : November 10, 2018 9:43 pm
Share: