Zodiac Discussion Forum

Notifications
Clear all

When they do crack the code they will have me…

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@anonymous)
Noble Member
Topic starter

In this letter the Zodiac introduces himself. He also states that if the police can crack the first code (solved by the Hardens)
to cheer up, they will have him. The last 18 symbols of this first code appear unsolved to date. Where is the Zodiac Killer’s
identity in this code? Why is he confessing? Does he want to be stopped? What are some of the solutions to the end of this code that seem valid?
Could these last symbols represent his name, or numbers instead of letters, like an address, or a social security number? Maybe
Zodiac was lying, maybe he wasn’t.

Posted : March 12, 2014 9:28 pm
up2something
(@up2something)
Reputable Member

I’m of the firm belief that the last 18 symbols are nothing more than filler. If they are filler, they cannot be "solved" any more than they already have been. I know it won’t satisfy the endless speculation, but it’s quite possible that an attention-seeking serial killer may have simply lied about including his identity in the cipher.

Posted : March 12, 2014 10:08 pm
Vossler
(@vossler)

In this letter the Zodiac introduces himself. He also states that if the police can crack the first code (solved by the Hardens)
to cheer up, they will have him.

To be fair, he also blatantly states in the first solved cipher, "I will not give you my name." This topic has been discussed a lot and I’m with up2something here. While there could be something to those characters, they most likely don’t contain anything useful and were added to make the three cipher lengths equal to one another.

Posted : March 12, 2014 10:30 pm
rh13
 rh13
(@rh13)

"I will not give you my name."

give(Grant), verb
accord, administer, afford, allot, assign, award, bequeath, bestow, cede, commit, concede, confer, consign, contribute, deal, deed, deliver, devise, devote, dispose of, distribute, donate, endow, entrust, equip, furnish, impart, indulge, leave, make a gift, make a presentation, pass, present, procure, proffer, provide, remit, submit, supply, surrender, transfer, transmit, turn over, vouchsafe, will

“when they do crack it they will have me”

Posted : April 24, 2019 10:21 pm
Share: