Manson/Te(X) Watson and the May 1978 Channel 9 envelope

14 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
(@spookypanda)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

DG9,

From my understanding, They are working on getting the tapes.Something about a order to get the attorney
to release them.

Posted : August 14, 2013 6:58 pm
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

Daniel, besides my Zodiac stuff I also write for a Manson Blog, http://www.eviliz.com/ where I am DebS.

The LA PD did get the Tex Tapes. I did a post on that!

http://www.eviliz.com/2013/05/los-angel … tapes.html

Helter Skelter was misspelled simply because they were bad spellers. Actually the door at the ranch that LE took into custody because it also had Helter Skelter written on it was misspelled as well but a different misspelling.

The X on the forehead was because Manson wanted to X himself out of society. That X became the swastika he later started sporting on his forehead.

The Helter Skelter door from the ranch. You will notice that also on that door is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, all good children. This is what the return address has on it on the envelope of the May 1978 "Channel 9" which has been suggested as a Zodiac letter. Personally I think the writing is a non match as well as the general feel of the letter.

Channel 9 envelope-

Helter Skelter on the LaBianca’s refrigerator door.

www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com

Posted : August 15, 2013 9:06 am
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

Howard’s site will be back. He’s having website problems due to a change of hosts and his webmaster, who does all his internet stuff, has had surgery and is still recuperating. Kind of a double whammy situation.

My personal opinion of White Rabbitt is that he is a liar and would do anything to make a buck off someone.

Posted : August 15, 2013 9:36 am
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

Daniel, it has been reported that Sharon Tate did have an affair while married to Polanski but I do not believe it was with Sebring or McQueen. Sharon and Sebring dated and even lived together before she and Polanski got together. They remained friends after the marriage to Polanski. Tongues wag however and this is how the rumors started. Sebring and McQueen were friends and Sharon was friends with McQueen’s wife.

Polanski was a notorious womanizer and freely admits to having affairs while married to Sharon.

Posted : August 17, 2013 6:19 am
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

Hummm, Christopher Jones, no, but there was a Family member with an alias of Christopher Jesus. John Haught was his given name and he was killed, official cause of death was suicide. Supposedly he was playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun. The gun was wiped clean of any prints by the time LE arrived.

Here is a link for a list of all the Family members and their associates. It lists all known aliases, too.

http://www.charliemanson.com/aliases.htm

Posted : August 18, 2013 9:59 am
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

Yes, I have read that but forgot the details, like the guy’s name, and it was this story I was thinking about when I said that Sharon had had an affair while married to Polanski. I thought you were asking about any Manson Family member by that name. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I know Col. Scott who has that blog and his information is spot on 99% of the time.

Posted : August 19, 2013 1:50 am
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

You know Daniel there are just some questions I can not answer. The Tate LaBianca murders are still, after 44 years, being heavily talked about because there is so much conflicting information. To this day no one is sure of the motive. Few believe the Helter Skelter theory that Bugliosi presented at the trial. There are layers upon layers of backstories about many of the people involved, the victims, the killers and their respective associates.

These are murders that, by all intent and purposes, are solved but the discussion of them has never died. I get at least one if not multiple Google alerts every single day regarding something to do with the crimes. If you are really interested in learning more you need to read more blogs and forums. Each one has their own leanings and by looking at many of them you can get a more well rounded idea of the whole story.

I think if Zodiac were to be caught today that people would still be discussing the case for years to come, just like the Manson murders.

Posted : August 19, 2013 8:25 am
(@nachtsider)
Reputable Member

That list of Manson Family members cannot be complete. I maintain that there are many more who remain unidentified and uncaught to this day.

Daniel, are you suggesting that Manson and the Family are not guilty – that the murders were hits ordered by Polanski?

Posted : August 21, 2013 1:59 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Met him once in real…bad feeling about him, extremly ego imo..too small for Z and I think he had an alibi

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : August 21, 2013 2:29 am
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

Many things have been suggested as to the meaning of the "return address". Only the writer knows for sure. Here’s a link to Howard’s page on that envelope via the Wayback Machine. His site is still down.

http://www.thezodiacmansonconnection.com/ch9_envelope.htm l”> http://web.archive.org/web/201009210013 … elope.html

Posted : November 9, 2013 9:38 pm
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

There is a new article out about the Tex Tapes. It’s quite long but worth the read and towards the end suggests that perhaps there is something on the tapes that would minimize the involvement of the girls and Bruce Davis in the murders that they were convicted of committing.

Both the LAPD and the LA DA have done much to keep those tapes away from the public, the victim’s survivors and the convicted along with their attorneys. I still wonder why LAPD is/was so hell bent on obtaining the tapes for themselves to the exclusion of other jurisdictions. Reports have said that there could have been a dozen or more murders but the odds are that if there were that many more murders the majority would have been outside of LAPD’s jurisdiction. Now they won’t share the tapes with anyone.

It seems to me that the LAPD and LA DA both had an agenda to obtain those tapes and it had nothing to do with solving more murders. It sounds more like they are trying to cover their butts because of improprieties with the arrests and convictions of the Family. Regardless, the LA DA’s office actions since getting the tapes are suspect.

https://medium.com/law-of-the-land/the- … 4b4a6138d9

Posted : September 17, 2014 7:13 pm
BuckwheatFlowers
(@buckwheatflowers)
Estimable Member

The X on the forehead was because Manson wanted to X himself out of society.

Kind of surprised he spelled "x" correctly.

Posted : September 18, 2014 4:49 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

The X on the forehead was because Manson wanted to X himself out of society.

Kind of surprised he spelled "x" correctly.

:D :lol:

Thanks for sharing that article Seagull. Interesting.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : September 18, 2014 6:25 am
pittsburgh_phil
(@pittsburgh_phil)
Estimable Member

The Tate family should sue to get these tapes released to the public.

Posted : September 19, 2014 12:47 pm
Share: