Clear all

Capri pants

36 Posts
13 Users
0 Reactions
 Dok
(@dok)
Topic starter

Its been a while since I’ve seen the Hist. ch. show. R.P.D let the Hist. ch. team use C.J.B.s evidence. Going by memory, there were 5 boxes of evidence. 3 of the boxes were marked with a standard Bio-hazard symbol. Typically this is anything that contains blood smears, body fluids, clothing etc. There were 2 unmarked boxes of evidence, we never saw what was in these unmarked boxes. My thoughts are they were loaded with photos and testimonies that we haven’t seen on the forums and that makes no sense to me at all, whats the point in waiting? I must say that I was taken aback when I saw the m-vac lady cut that bag open and take out the Capri pants. Its one thing to see them in a crime scene photo but it was different seeing them in "real time" and knowing that C.J.B. was the last one to wear these pants. They were in better condition than I expected. I didn’t notice any pockets in the pants, but that was common back then, did anyone noticed the ironing crease that was still in the pant legs? Yea, I was glued to the T.V. when I saw these pants laying on a table. The problem is- that is all I saw being checked with m-vac, was that the only thing that was checked? All of her wounds were from mid-chest upwards. This lines up perfectly with the killer sitting on her waist straddling her with one knee one each side clamping her. this position would have allowed both of the killers hand to be free. There are thoughts that the killer may have cut himself with his own knife, if he did he would have dripped his blood on her blouse, don’t ya think Somewhere in his " attack area" would be his DNA. I didn’t see the blouse being checked with m-vac. Maybe they didn’t want to show the blouse on T.V. I just hope they checked the blouse, in fact, I hope they they checked everything because they may not get another chance.

Posted : November 10, 2019 9:39 pm
(@monarch)
Reputable Member

Its been a while since I’ve seen the Hist. ch. show. R.P.D let the Hist. ch. team use C.J.B.s evidence. Going by memory, there were 5 boxes of evidence. 3 of the boxes were marked with a standard Bio-hazard symbol. Typically this is anything that contains blood smears, body fluids, clothing etc. There were 2 unmarked boxes of evidence, we never saw what was in these unmarked boxes. My thoughts are they were loaded with photos and testimonies that we haven’t seen on the forums and that makes no sense to me at all, whats the point in waiting? I must say that I was taken aback when I saw the m-vac lady cut that bag open and take out the Capri pants. Its one thing to see them in a crime scene photo but it was different seeing them in "real time" and knowing that C.J.B. was the last one to wear these pants. They were in better condition than I expected. I didn’t notice any pockets in the pants, but that was common back then, did anyone noticed the ironing crease that was still in the pant legs? Yea, I was glued to the T.V. when I saw these pants laying on a table. The problem is- that is all I saw being checked with m-vac, was that the only thing that was checked? All of her wounds were from mid-chest upwards. This lines up perfectly with the killer sitting on her waist straddling her with one knee one each side clamping her. this position would have allowed both of the killers hand to be free. There are thoughts that the killer may have cut himself with his own knife, if he did he would have dripped his blood on her blouse, don’t ya think Somewhere in his " attack area" would be his DNA. I didn’t see the blouse being checked with m-vac. Maybe they didn’t want to show the blouse on T.V. I just hope they checked the blouse, in fact, I hope they they checked everything because they may not get another chance.

I know what you mean Dok, I’ve been been studying that grainy old newspaper photo of the crime scene for about 15 years
and then to see those pants in hi-rez color video was truly eerie indeed ! those pants were literally frozen in time.

I don’t know why they didn’t mention anything about the blouse, one would think there would be a better chance of finding
the killers DNA on the blouse than the pants, hopefully they tested it as well as her purse and didn’t want to televise it for
whatever reason.

I read that the Detectives found a trail of blood drops in the driveway leading back to Terracina Dr. which could belong to
the killer if he cut himself during the attack, hopefully those blood drops were collected into evidence and if so could be
a treasure trove of DNA.

Posted : November 11, 2019 8:37 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

I was told personally by Det. Mains the was male DNA on those pants. For what it’s worth…

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : November 12, 2019 2:18 am
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member

I was told personally by Det. Mains the was male DNA on those pants. For what it’s worth…

Then they damn well need to attempt genetic genealogy with it.

Posted : November 12, 2019 2:22 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Then they damn well need to attempt genetic genealogy with it.

I would certainly hope they (whoever that may be) would do that…if possible.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : November 12, 2019 2:24 am
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

Yes, that is true. However all of the blood evidence belonged to Cheri (Mains had seen a pattern he felt could have been from her attacker).

A couple of years ago or so, Michael Bates was asked to give a sample of his DNA and he complied. From what I understand, either he or Joseph shed the male DNA found on her clothing.

Posted : November 12, 2019 4:17 am
(@quagmire)
Estimable Member

Yes, that is true. However all of the blood evidence belonged to Cheri (Mains had seen a pattern he felt could have been from her attacker).

A couple of years ago or so, Michael Bates was asked to give a sample of his DNA and he complied. From what I understand, either he or Joseph shed the male DNA found on her clothing.

That’s so disappointing. Just hope they tested the blouse and managed to find something useful.

Posted : November 12, 2019 4:35 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

They found DNA on the watch as well. Not Cheri’s and couldn’t have been family. Her killer’s or someone else’s who may have come in contact with it…remains to be seen.

Posted : November 18, 2019 12:11 am
 Dok
(@dok)
Topic starter

That sounds promising. Will we see the test results on the forum?

Posted : November 18, 2019 1:37 am
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member

We will only hear anything if they arrest or identify a suspect, who could potentially be Zodiac also.

Posted : November 18, 2019 1:39 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

We will only hear anything if they arrest or identify a suspect, who could potentially be Zodiac also.

I agree with jacob. Only if results catch her killer.

Posted : November 18, 2019 1:45 am
(@snooter)
Reputable Member

Is it full profile or a quanity?…if partial male quanity i doubt they can quantify the dna with existing modern/current lab practices..unfortunatly just having some quantity of male dna is not enuff…has her brother submitted his dna sample as well as all known perps/suspects to at least exonerate?

Posted : November 23, 2019 7:31 am
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

I read that Maine’s" believed" the blood spot was from the killer. I remember reading or hearing ,that the DNA was found to be Cheri’s blood. To me that seemed odd ,because the spot was round in shape , which would indicate someone standing over her?

In am still curious about the watch found at her crime scene. Could that have been taken from Johnny Swindle a couple of yrs before? Also the size of the killers wrist being 7 inches and the glove found on the floorboard of Paul Stine’s cab being a size 7 glove. Several people felt it had be left by a female, as it turned out it had male DNA on the inside of the gloves and Stine’s DNA on the outside.

Pam Hoffsass did that test on the gloves herself. I wish that she would do more testing on that DNA to get a genetic profile of that person, something other than just saying it was a male’s DNA? Compare it to other Z DNA , even the one that was not a full profile that Pam had done previously. Not the other one done for a TV show, that was a farce for a TV show as far as I am concerned.
If it were true that the blood found on Cheri Jo’s pants was from the killer, why wouldn’t it have been compared to what they have already on the Zodiac?

Posted : November 23, 2019 9:07 pm
(@snooter)
Reputable Member

If they had full profile it would have been disclosed..they have a quanity of male dna from her pants…she brushed up against any guy that night and that would explain the quantity of male dna…its all worthless (again) at this point….

Posted : November 24, 2019 2:40 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

I was discussing this with Kenneth Mains today.

The male DNA Mains referred to was found from the drop of blood…not from the mvaced pants. "It was not familial DNA".

Posted : March 11, 2020 2:02 am
Page 1 / 3
Share: