Things the confirmed Z murders have in common

21 Posts
18 Users
0 Reactions
15.5 K Views
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

This thread is ment for people to post whatever they find that the confirmed Zodiac cases has in common

Seems like the 3 cases, involving couples, all 3 planed to go to San Francisco the evening of the murder, but that all 3 couples had to cancel the SF plans due to that someone was late.

Wether this has any significance or not I don’t know, just thought it was kind of wired that all 3 couples had this in common.

Dec 20, 1968
http://www.zodiackiller.com/LHR1.html

The night of their date, Betty Lou and David went over to Sharon’s house. They discussed going to San Francisco as a group, but Sharon’s boyfriend was late in arriving. After a long wait, David and Betty Lou decided to leave by themselves.

July 4th, 1969
http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/forum/ … f=19&t=675

He (Michael Mageau) said that Darlene had called him at 4:00 pm on Friday afternoon, and the two made plans to see a movie in San Francisco later that evening.
(Theforeigners note: but Darlene was late so it was to late to go to San Francisco)

Sep 27, 1969
Bryan Hartnell interview Sep 28, 1969 talking about Sep 27, 1969 the day of the murder:

http://www.zodiackiller.com/HartnellInterview1.html

"We could go out and either go for a walk, go to San Francisco or you know just…

When we finally got around to it, it was getting late and I thought going to San Francisco ‘d rush you, you know, because by the time we got back for worship…And so we went out to Berryessa."

Oct 11,1969

Not as the other 3 cases.

Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

Posted : November 21, 2014 8:17 am
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

My feeling on that is that is was just the "thing to do". These were young couples and if you wanted something fun to do then I suspect San Fran was the place. The big city with all it’s inherent excitements and attractions. So in that respect I imagine it’s not an unusual trait to find among those initial victims and at weekends as well. Paul Stine of course was already there.

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : November 29, 2014 5:48 am
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin

My feeling on that is that is was just the "thing to do". These were young couples and if you wanted something fun to do then I suspect San Fran was the place. The big city with all it’s inherent excitements and attractions. So in that respect I imagine it’s not an unusual trait to find among those initial victims and at weekends as well. Paul Stine of course was already there.

I agree with Trav, I live in a small town, but am only an hour or so from places like Atlantic City, Philadelphia, etc so I could see young people wanting to head to the bigger cities for fun. But your thread brings up some thought provoking ideas, and personally, gets me thinking about where Z lived & worked. I think he lived in Vallejo, and worked in SF. The evidence seems to support this- letters mailed on weekdays in SF, and Victims killed on weekends in Vallejo areas. But that’s a whole other thread

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : December 29, 2014 5:03 pm
(@vince)
Trusted Member

I think it is possible he worked for one of the big newspaper companies in San Francisco, and enjoyed watching his colleagues read and discuss the letters whilst pretending he was as shocked as they were.

Kind of like when Gary Ridgway would leave his victims jewellery lying around his work place, and then revel to himself when one of the female colleagues would wear it.

Posted : December 29, 2014 5:10 pm
(@zydeco)
Estimable Member

No matter how unlikely, we mustn’t exclude possibilities based on assumptions. What if Zodiac had access to a private plane? And had an accomplice post the letters? What if one of his co-conspirators had a house nearby, at each crime scene?

Posted : May 28, 2015 4:47 am
up2something
(@up2something)
Reputable Member

So you don’t want to make assumptions that will limit the scope of the investigation. Ok no assumptions. Except for the co-conspirators thing. Got it. BTW, I like mangoes.

Posted : May 28, 2015 5:11 am
marie
(@marie)
Estimable Member

I have been looking through things, and I think the co-conspirator theory may have some credibility. Or better yet, helped with the cover up. I am waiting on a couple pieces on information, and then I will post my probably crazy theory. The only hints I can confidently say at this point is there were several strong evolutions in MO.

To me, the most curious to me is why the letters after Stine with no apparent reason.

Or was it to cover for someone who could no longer actively participate, but still sought the "fame" they generated. Or as an alibi?

-m

The problem when solved will be simple– Kettering

Posted : September 2, 2015 7:18 am
(@itsapuzzle)
Eminent Member

So one oddity I noticed that all the confirmed murders had in common–all of the victims, in one way or another, shouldn’t have been where they were. David Faraday and Betty Lou had an 11 pm curfew for their "first" date. Darleen and Mike–I think she told her babysitter she was going to get firecrackers for a party. I may be wrong about that,but, there are so many theories put forth by people that they were buying pot, etc. Bryan and Cecelia–I read on another site a post from Cecelia’s old roommate that she believed she and Bryan would possibly be getting engaged or married in the future. Bryan had a girlfriend in another state. I can’t help but wonder if Cecelia would have went out with him on a late afternoon picnic if she knew that. And Paul S. left a party to take that cab shift–he wasn’t suppose to be working that evening.
I have no judgement towards any of the victims at all. And I personally believe zodiac trolled sites, not victims. So it strikes me as sad, strange that these young people were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Posted : September 2, 2015 10:17 am
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin

So one oddity I noticed that all the confirmed murders had in common–all of the victims, in one way or another, shouldn’t have been where they were. David Faraday and Betty Lou had an 11 pm curfew for their "first" date. Darleen and Mike–I think she told her babysitter she was going to get firecrackers for a party. I may be wrong about that,but, there are so many theories put forth by people that they were buying pot, etc. Bryan and Cecelia–I read on another site a post from Cecelia’s old roommate that she believed she and Bryan would possibly be getting engaged or married in the future. Bryan had a girlfriend in another state. I can’t help but wonder if Cecelia would have went out with him on a late afternoon picnic if she knew that. And Paul S. left a party to take that cab shift–he wasn’t suppose to be working that evening.
I have no judgement towards any of the victims at all. And I personally believe zodiac trolled sites, not victims. So it strikes me as sad, strange that these young people were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

It’s almost like the urban legend of the man with the hook, something that was passed on to keep young couples from parking & necking…"watch out or the man with the hook will get you". It was really a warning about sex and morals,etc. In this case, the man with the hook actually had a gun and flashlight

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : September 6, 2015 3:47 pm
(@dag-maclugh)
Prominent Member

All the murders occurred Fri-Sun: essentially, weekends. Inclines me to believe Z might have been an office type, or a student.

Posted : September 6, 2015 7:47 pm
Marshall
(@marshall)
Honorable Member

All the murders occurred Fri-Sun: essentially, weekends. Inclines me to believe Z might have been an office type, or a student.

It could be the significance of weekends had more to do with when there would be a supply of potential victims out and about. In other words, it was the victims who had jobs, or were students.

Sort of like a fisherman checking lunar charts and saying "This is the best time to go get them…"

Posted : September 6, 2015 7:57 pm
(@dag-maclugh)
Prominent Member

Good point, Marshall! Works either way. Maybe, both ways.

Posted : September 7, 2015 6:00 am
(@blind-bat)
Estimable Member

Has merit.
Ron Goldman was in the wrong place too.

Posted : December 3, 2017 4:57 am
(@aquelarrefox)
Eminent Member

That’s the only acceptable thing that they have in common, and it is interesting.
There are thing that we cannot fit get will, like herman road is unlikely a lover’s line, I don’t think ferrin-mageau was on a date… Mageau is a not reliable witness and all the 3 layers of clothes is an alarm.

Posted : June 30, 2020 5:04 pm
(@fishermansfriend)
Estimable Member

For me I’d say he always seemed to set up a situation where he had the victims at a disadvantage – He set up a situation where he had control.

I’ve often thought this was to avoid physical altercation becaude maybe he was at some disadvantage like an injury / disability.

Of course, he was primarily attacking couples – so two ppl could attack him or split up and run…

Posted : June 30, 2020 7:43 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: