Mr. X and the green people

37 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Kjell Qvale claimed he saw some space ships in 1947….. I do a lot of UFO research, and this is right at the same time that several people had reported seeing "flying saucers." A lot of them have stated that they were flying in a V-formation, same as Qvale.

A few minutes ago on a toilet not very far, far away….

Posted : July 19, 2015 12:00 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

Bahahahaha…..

I love it….

Soze

Posted : July 21, 2015 8:58 am
(@snooter)
Reputable Member

This is where it all started… X was taken aboard a ship and had talked with the aliens and was given the name zodiac..thats what i am going with now ..how else do you explain his pet which was named chewbacca

Posted : August 14, 2015 5:50 am
(@mike_r)
Prominent Member

Chuckle chuckle but…When you are looking to narrow down your list of suspects remember who seemed to like to see his name on the frunt pages of the Bay Area newspapers loooooong before there was a Zodiac killer. And that is where he ended up–on the front page of the Examiner and another Bay Area paper in 1947.

Mike

Mike Rodelli

Author, The Hunt for Zodiac; 3.9 stars on Amazon and
In The Shadow of Mt. Diablo: The Shocking True Identity of the Zodiac Killer, a second edition in print format. 4.3 Amazon stars and great Editorial reviews. Twitter:@mikerodelli

Posted : August 14, 2015 7:03 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

The Zodiac was not a past or presently discussed suspect and this inludes your alien spotting pilot.

Soze

Posted : August 14, 2015 9:12 pm
Norse
(@norse)
Noble Member

Well, the flying saucer business certainly doesn’t make Mr X a worse suspect. The general bizarreness of the thing is a pro more than a con.

But I would point out that the episode was apparently witnessed by multiple others. So, unless I’m mistaken, this wasn’t a bizarre story invented by Mr X in order to get his name in the papers. He actually witnessed something – which several others witnessed too – and was then interviewed about the incident.

Posted : August 14, 2015 10:59 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

Well, the flying saucer business certainly doesn’t make Mr X a worse suspect. The general bizarreness of the thing is a pro more than a con.

Lord. How do you figure?

Soze

Posted : August 14, 2015 11:08 pm
Norse
(@norse)
Noble Member

Lord. How do you figure?

Nah, you’re right. It’s a crazy idea. Z was never associated with anything bizarre, after all.

Posted : August 14, 2015 11:53 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

On second thought. Why not add flying saucers to the mix. We have everything else.

Soze

Posted : August 15, 2015 12:52 am
(@pinkphantom)
Honorable Member

How silly some are to dismiss what he did not understand at that time (or maybe he did and was part of covering things up). The Department of defense had created many aircrafts and was testing them at the time – things that they wanted passed off as aliens so black projects weren’t discovered by other foreign forces. It was in their best interest to make defense systems appear extraterrestrial (or anything other than US military crafts) had they been sighted by civilians. My father went to Los Alamos in the 60’s/early70’s and they already had sight guided missile systems by that point. People wouldn’t believe the crap we already had up and running back then lol. if Mr. X had military involvement who knows if he wrote that in as part of a propaganda machine on behalf of the DOD/military. Or again maybe he didn’t fully understand what he had saw was bc it seemed so advanced to him.

Posted : August 15, 2015 1:14 am
Norse
(@norse)
Noble Member

This obviously isn’t about flying saucers. It’s about a bizarre incident which led to Mr X being featured in the San Francisco papers. That is what is interesting in the Mr X context – not little green men or whatever it is people find amusing here.

Wheat, chaff, etc.

Posted : August 15, 2015 4:03 am
(@snooter)
Reputable Member

Just some light hearted fun is all..the associates of X listed at the auburn ufo party is of curiosity…

Posted : August 15, 2015 7:43 am
 Pal
(@pal)
Eminent Member

I think the significance of this incidence depends on wether the other bystanders observed and interpreted the event the same way as KQ did and why it was that he was the one who was quoted in the paper. It could be that he was sought out by the paper as a former Navy pilot, rather than it beeing a result of attention grabbing. However, even in the least favourable interpretation for KQ, I think one should be cautious in drawing too drastic conclusions.

Posted : April 19, 2020 3:13 pm
(@mike_r)
Prominent Member

Hi,

In the book, Report on the UFO Wave of 1947 from 1967, KQ is the ONLY credible person out of over 800 reported cases from around the country to have said that flying saucers were from outer space. THAT is the significance. Nobody else was saying that at the time EXCEPT him–and a lot of people were reporting them. Such singularity lands you on the front pages. I submit it was attention seeking and even a bit of terrorism, given the proximity of the events to WW II, the latent fear that existed of both the Russians and the Japanese, to whom many attributed these strange alleged crafts and the possibility of little green men. KQ in essence said that it was even worse than the Russians or possibly the Japanese–we were under invasion from space.

Read some of the newspaper reports from this time, as I have, before adding your grain of salt.

Mike Rodelli

Author, The Hunt for Zodiac; 3.9 stars on Amazon and
In The Shadow of Mt. Diablo: The Shocking True Identity of the Zodiac Killer, a second edition in print format. 4.3 Amazon stars and great Editorial reviews. Twitter:@mikerodelli

Posted : April 21, 2020 9:49 pm
 Pal
(@pal)
Eminent Member

Hi,

In the book, Report on the UFO Wave of 1947 from 1967, KQ is the ONLY credible person out of over 800 reported cases from around the country to have said that flying saucers were from outer space. THAT is the significance. Nobody else was saying that at the time EXCEPT him–and a lot of people were reporting them. Such singularity lands you on the front pages. I submit it was attention seeking and even a bit of terrorism, given the proximity of the events to WW II, the latent fear that existed of both the Russians and the Japanese, to whom many attributed these strange alleged crafts and the possibility of little green men. KQ in essence said that it was even worse than the Russians or possibly the Japanese–we were under invasion from space.

Read some of the newspaper reports from this time, as I have, before adding your grain of salt.

Hi Mike,

I made no assertions as to the circumstances of this alleged sighting, only stating that the circumstances and the context are important for evaluating the significance of this as an indication of KQ’s personality.
My admonition at the end was only a reminder that this, no matter how interesting, is only highly circumstantial in the Zodiac case and only takes on importance as part of a cumulative set of evidence.
Also, my response was to this thread and the newspaper article in particular. One cannot expect participants in a thread to be cognizant of research, especially higly detailed and contextual research, not referenced in the thread.

I agree that the context you provide is important and make it a more significant event.
When you write that KQ was the only credible person out of over 800 reported cases to say that these were space ships, do you mean that he was the only out of all the 800 cases to interpret what he allegedly saw as space ships, or the only one deemed credible(by whatever standard) to have interpreted it that way?
As I wrote in my first submission, I still think it is quite important wether the other 50 or so persons also saw something strange in the sky. If, hypothetically, this was made up by KQ it would absolutely say something about his personality.

Posted : April 23, 2020 9:35 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: