Clear all

Off on tangent #9642, lol

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@ktspirit)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I’m having a hard time searching here, so I can’t tell if certain things have been discussed. I have read Zodiac was active on or near a full or new moon. I researched confirmed attacks and suspected attacks, though I admit I only checked the ones that fell on my little map viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3459.

Using information from http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php , none of his attacks occurred when the moon was up. It made me think of "I see the moon and the moon sees me". Could this guy have a phobia of the moon, love the moon and doesn’t want to be seen, or a love/hate relationship? Has anyone worked on this angle?

Also, while researching "man in the moon", I found this image and I could swear I’ve seen it before, maybe here. I can’t find it again, but it struck me as an odd way to see the man in the moon. It is the top right image of the man in the moon interpretations photo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_in_the_Moon

Maybe I’m not wasting all my time. I am learning about new things, lol.

Posted : June 22, 2017 12:19 am
(@ktspirit)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I got my moon data typed up, in case anyone is interested. I just thought it was strange. Maybe just a coincidence?

The times for the attacks are taking from zodiacciphers.com. The moon was not above the horizon at the time of any of these attacks.

Confirmed Attacks
12-20-1968 (Friday) 11:15pm Lake Herman Attack; New Moon; dark, no moon; by gun.
7-4-1969 (Friday) 12:00am (Saturday) Blue Rock Springs Attack; Last Quarter Moon; dark, no moon; by gun. (moon set 7-4-1969 at 11:31am, moonrise 7-5-1969 at 12:10am.)
9-27-1969 (Saturday) 6:30pm Lake Berryessa Attack; Full Moon; daytime, no moon; by knife.
10-11-1969 (Saturday) 10:10pm Presido Heights Attack; New Moon; dark, no moon; by gun.

Posted : June 22, 2017 8:13 pm
(@jamesmsv)
Reputable Member

The problem with looking for patterns like moon phases is – why the discrepancies? If Zodiac was indeed timing his killings by moon phase then why not use exactly the same day of the lunar cycle each time? If he had to stretch his rules to fit around the weekend then they can’t have been very important to him.
He may of course had reasons to kill on specific days of the cycle but unless there’s a solid pattern (hard to prove with only 4 dates) I don’t think it could help us at all.

Check out my website: www.darkideas.net

Posted : June 26, 2017 6:58 pm
Share: