Clear all

Slang?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@ktspirit)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Oops, I tried to post a message, but it didn’t show up. I’ll try again, since I must have done something wrong. I’ve already said how I go off in different directions while reading about this case. Some things grab my attention or I don’t understand, so I research more online.
I was reading "The Little List Letter" again and it seems Zodiac was quite the poet. I didn’t know what tit willow was, outside of assuming a bird, so I looked it up. That led me to dicky-bird and other slang, particularly Cockney rhyming slang. It seems like nonsense, but many people know what certain slang words and phrases mean. Could Zodiac have used these phrases in some of his ciphers instead of being straightforward? Maybe I’m on "a wild goose chase" and should "eighty-six" this idea. Ok, I was trying to make a little fun of myself there at the end.

Posted : June 19, 2017 4:05 pm
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

Or you could have looked in the confirmed letters section under ‘Little List’ and you would see that he was ‘bespoke’ quoting from the Mikado.

viewforum.php?f=62

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : June 19, 2017 7:37 pm
(@ktspirit)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Yes, I read about the letter and quoting Mikado on http://www.zodiacciphers.com/the-little … etter.html. I was just thinking this guy may like word-play, slang and slang phrases, etc., and use them to throw off his ciphers. For example, I say something like, "they took off willy-nilly." It’s nonsense unless one knows the slang meaning. I read the other thoughts on this board from the link you provided. Thanks, because there is so much information and discussion. I sure can’t get to it all so soon, if ever.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention an example from the letter. I hope this doesn’t seem insensitive. Zodiac wrote "All people who eat pepermint and phomphit in your face, they would never be missed".
If someone is on a date, he/she might be eating peppermint for fresh breath. Also, I would think people who are badly injured may vomit.

Posted : June 19, 2017 11:31 pm
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

Yeah it is a lot of info to take in. Apologies, I thought you were having a guess at it’s purpose/meaning without being aware that it was from the Mikado.

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : June 20, 2017 12:46 am
(@ktspirit)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks. I also found my Hwy 99 that I asked about in my stupid introduction posts. From what I read in the 340, beginning of the fourth line, I thought it looked like directions. Maybe Zodiac traveled there often, even earlier than this. That’s where an unconfirmed double murder occurred near the junction of 99 and I-5. The Saechao and Salee murders in 1986. It’s not that far from the scenes of his confirmed murders. A "hitchhiker", 20 minutes or more north of the crime scene, flagged down a cop near East Nicolaus to report an accident at the exact location. Now, I need to find my Hwy 90.

Posted : June 20, 2017 2:06 am
(@ktspirit)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Traveller, I just saw a lot of activity in the POI thread. I read the bio for Ross Sullivan and it’s the first I’ve seen where a suspect had a kid. Do other suspects have kids? I ask because kids are always hearing and pronouncing things wrong. I hope this guy didn’t use kid-speak for his inspiration. I’ve been around a lot of young children and what they say can be funny when it’s mixed up. I learned to understand their language, though it isn’t easy sometimes, lol.

Posted : June 20, 2017 4:49 am
Share: