Episode 12 "1978 to 2001" of "Zodiac Speaking"

8 Posts
4 Users
15 Reactions
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

I see neither Morf nor Richard posted anything yet about this, and since I just finished the episode, I’d drop this in.

The episode focused on letters potentially linked to Zodiac but not officially ascribed. They focused on the 1978 letter, a couple of letters written in the 1980s, and the Eureka Card.

My personal opinion is that the only one with a sniff of legitimacy is the Eureka, but Richard does a fantastic job of providing interesting evidence to back up his opinion that they are real. 

I would really like to see more investigation into Chet Klingel, or have Tom V elaborate into his investigation.

I also don’t think there’s any doubt Toschi hoaxed the 1978 letter. 

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : August 7, 2021 11:22 pm
BDHolland
(@peaceandlove)
Honorable Member

Posted by: @chaucer

I also don’t think there’s any doubt Toschi hoaxed the 1978 letter. 

The reason why I think Toschi did not hoax it is because for someone who had access to all the Zodiac communications and inside knowledge, yet managed to screw it up so it had elements looking like a hoaxer.

That’s why I don’t buy it. He had everything he needed to make the perfect letter.

www.zodiachalloweencard.com has a 400 paged book for free containing the super solution with an overarching explanation of the cards and more.

Posted : August 7, 2021 11:41 pm
Druzer, Druzer and Druzer reacted
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

@bdholland Alan Keel has stated on record that Toschi admitted privately to forging the letters.

Also, attached is a report stating the same. Note that when it says “1979” it is an error. They mean 1978.

My guess is that Toschi’s letter writing was covered up to protect his reputation and the department’s. 

– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : August 8, 2021 12:27 am
Druzer, Cremcraw, Druzer and 3 people reacted
(@druzer)
Estimable Member

@bdholland Alan Keel has stated on record that Toschi admitted privately to forging the letters.

Also, attached is a report stating the same. Note that when it says “1979” it is an error. They mean 1978.

My guess is that Toschi’s letter writing was covered up to protect his reputation and the department’s. 

Thanks for posting. I had heard that Alan Keel had made this claim but I hadn’t heard that he admitted it or that it had been stated in a such a document. Do you know who sent this and in which year? 

Posted : August 8, 2021 2:05 am
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

Here is a link to a thread with a bunch of great details regarding Toschi and forged letters:

https://forum.zodiackillerciphers.com/community/zodiac-case-general-discussion/the-tales-of-dave-toschi/

– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : August 8, 2021 2:24 am
Druzer, Druzer and Druzer reacted
(@druzer)
Estimable Member

Here is a link to a thread with a bunch of great details regarding Toschi and forged letters:

https://forum.zodiackillerciphers.com/community/zodiac-case-general-discussion/the-tales-of-dave-toschi/

Thank you kindly!

Posted : August 8, 2021 3:20 am
BDHolland
(@peaceandlove)
Honorable Member

It still leaves a load of questions though.

So why isn’t it Toschi’s DNA on the letter? That should be hard lock on him and in the FBI reports.

When I read the FBI reports years back, which were supposed to be the original source of Toschi admitting the hoax, it just came full circle to referencing Maupin’s article again. A tautology. That is why I felt it was unsupported by additional information.

As far as I understand the thing about Keel is second or third hand information? That it is through someone else that we learn that Keel told them that Toshci told him, he hoaxed it.

It still doesn’t really explain the point that despite Toschi having access to everything to make the perfect Zodiac letter with inside knowledge to boot, it is the very opposite. Toschi has more access than us all combined and yet got it wrong. That strikes me as very odd given any of us could do a better job of it, today.

DNA should really be standing out here.

I don’t understand why we should think anything was covered up, given Maupin made the whole thing very public. Toschi was even taken off the case. So the reporters could hardly miss it and everyone else then.

www.zodiachalloweencard.com has a 400 paged book for free containing the super solution with an overarching explanation of the cards and more.

Posted : August 8, 2021 4:10 am
Russ Thompson
(@russ-thompson)
Reputable Member

Zodiac still had a portion of Paul Stine’s bloody shirt, and Stine’s cab keys. If Zodiac wanted to show irrefutably that a communication were his, he need only include another swatch of that fabric, or a key. Clearly that was the intended use of those trophies.

And Zodiac claimed Stine’s murder in a letter (containing a Stine fabric swatch) before Zodiac knew he had been seen, before the witness sketch appeared.  

Did Zodiac freak out after the sketch appeared, and hastily ditch his trophies for fear the Blue Meanies were coming? Why did he never utilize those trophies more than he did?

That was too much!

Posted : August 10, 2021 8:52 pm
Share: