Clear all

Eureka Card mailed 1990 to the SF Chronicle

273 Posts
55 Users
0 Reactions
37.8 K Views
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

I am thoroughly looking forward to reading the report/presentation, Tom. Thanks for your work on this!

thanks Clark!

Posted : April 22, 2021 7:33 am
thedude
(@thedude)
Reputable Member

you think you found a key??? Can you elaborate at all? I really have been reading hoping to find out more!

If you had been reading as you claim then you’d know he didn’t find a key. Rather, he thinks he found the origin of one of the Eureka keys from the photocopy.

I misspoke. To clarify… I’d love to know more about the origin of the keys.

Absolutely I can share. Walnut Grove Ca.
Here’s the thing, there are two key numbers right, 79408 which almost everyone agrees on and the other one. Which I honestly I believe it to be 59351. Not everyone agrees on the second number. But after heavy scrutiny, I think it is.
Anyway,
I’ve been researching a man who hit women with his car in 1972, my mother and Isobel Watson were two of them. Now, this guy drove truck up and down the hwy 5 in 1986. I know for sure he lived at a trailer park just outside of Walnut Grove. He didn’t actually live there, it was his second home. His real home was in Victorville Ca, located in the Lucerne Valley area. Walnut Grove was used as a midway point for him to stay while working. Regarding Eureka, a large number of his family live there and in the county.
If the key number is 59351 then without any doubt it belongs to the Walnut Grove Post Office. I’ve confirmed that number in person with the post master there.
So what are the odds of something like that? I don’t know.

Posted : April 22, 2021 7:58 am
thedude
(@thedude)
Reputable Member

Because I believe that I found the location of one of those keys.

I can’t help but notice that you haven’t elaborated on your "location" details. Yet you’re raising a stink — and getting others riled up — because I haven’t elaborated on my details.

That there is a pile of hypocrite stuff. Watch yer step.

Obviously me calling you a hypocrite bruised your feelings. I’d apologize, if I were wrong.
I respect the history you have with this case. But I’m not here for the reasons you are. I’m nothing like you.

Posted : April 22, 2021 8:08 am
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

I’m not here for the reasons you are. I’m nothing like you.

So what are the reasons I’m here?

Posted : April 22, 2021 8:39 am
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member

I’m looking at the high-res scan (not that blocky enlargement) on my 2K monitor and it looks like 58851 to me. I guess this will be like the handwriting and debated into infinity.

Posted : April 22, 2021 1:32 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

Wow, you’re acting like a baby who isn’t getting his binky fast enough. Perhaps you should demand a refund?

For those of you who are wondering why I even care, which is a great question, it’s because I believe that I have found a location to one of the keys. I know how that sounds. So I went to Tom, the source, to discuss it. Because he has made the claim that those keys belong to “Sam”. Where… how… only he knows. Politely and privately I asked for details and we all know what happened next, nothing.

Tom, you don’t know me. I actually enjoy your funny quips. I do. But you know what I’ve asked for. You know why. You’ve set the stage… I’ll wait to see what you present. With my binky and a bag of popcorn. Seems reasonable.

Maybe stop asking TV for anything. He loves a good quarrel but rarely has much to offer. Yes I said that.

Great advice but I would further add, given his statement "The Sam story is one that many are interested in. I’m not going to parcel it out piece by piece on a discussion forum where most will miss it", that he just be ignored altogether. He has no interest in sharing anything and is only here to promote his book and stir the pot. That’s it.

We are a good group of people actively researching this case. While it would be nice to have someone who has been around as long as he has, actively researching the case with us, the fact is that you don’t need him or the drama. Everything he has done YOU can do but perhaps with a little work. So just put it to the dog house and move on.

Posted : April 22, 2021 3:05 pm
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

Here is part of the obituary of Chester Clark Klingel: "Chet’s first wife Yolanda passed away in a car accident. His second marriage was short but his third to Blandina Sarkis added love, happiness, family and great food to his life. He had many good years in Tam Valley, CA, before beginning a farming venture near Turlock, CA. Chet and Blandina bought nut orchards and developed a successful walnut hulling and drying business. After Blandina passed away, the farming project lost appeal. Chet sold the farm and moved to Eureka, CA, where he made new friends".

The obituary states that after Blandina Sarkis Klingel died, Chester moved to Eureka. However, Blandina Sarkis Klingel died on September 9th 1993. This would mean that Chester Clark Klingel moved to Eureka after September 1993, so how were the post office box keys of Chester Clark Klingel in Eureka photocopied in 1990 when he hadn’t yet moved there?
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/557 … is-klingel

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/

“I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story, two equal and logical sides to an argument.” Edward R. Murrow.

Posted : April 22, 2021 4:07 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

Not that I have dug into this guy. I tend to just move on when I read that DNA doesn’t match, etc. I did read the obituary in full and thought, seriously? He just seemed like he led a good life. Anyway, simply out of curiosity, did his children live there during that time? Maybe it was determined the keys belonged to the children and, through digging, they found the father?

I did read thedudes post on the keys potentially having to do with a man tied to Walnut. How do we end up with two claims?

I would be interested in learning more about thedudes research into this.

Posted : April 22, 2021 5:01 pm
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

We know that Sandra Elizabeth Klingel lived at 5888 Cummings Rd, Eureka in 1990, but Chester Clark Klingel didn’t.

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/

“I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story, two equal and logical sides to an argument.” Edward R. Murrow.

Posted : April 22, 2021 6:53 pm
thedude
(@thedude)
Reputable Member

I’m looking at the high-res scan (not that blocky enlargement) on my 2K monitor and it looks like 58851 to me. I guess this will be like the handwriting and debated into infinity.

So regarding the numbers. For me, the second number is missing the indentation on it’s right side where an eight or a three would be. The third has the indentation but looks like it could be missing the front section of an eight, which is why I believe it to be a three. 58851 vs 59351

Posted : April 22, 2021 7:09 pm
(@nick-no-nora)
Honorable Member

Zodiac didn’t live in a trailer in unincorporated California. IMO. I think we should move away from Hermit Avenger theory. JMO.

Posted : April 22, 2021 7:47 pm
(@nick-no-nora)
Honorable Member

One workplace near Eureka to consider for Zodiac was the Centreville Beach Naval Facility. It was part of Navy Intelligence station involved in the SOSUS program – tracking Russian submarines during the Cold War. The Skaggs Island Navy station was part of the same program. Centreville Beach is 20 or so miles south of Eureka.

Also, I don’t know if this means anything in the end, but there was one definite connection between North American Aviation and Joseph Bates. Bates worked for Motorola on a part of the X-15 hypersonic plane program. North American Aviation manufactured the X-15. The X-15 had a rocket engine. Motorola’s military electronics division had a facility in Riverside in the early 1960s.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstrong/ … -DFRC.html

http://p47pilots.com/P47-Pilots.cfm?c=i … C.%20Bates

Posted : April 22, 2021 7:59 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

Zodiac didn’t live in a trailer in unincorporated California. IMO. That’s just …. Hermit Avenger theory. JMO.

I think that depends on where one views his education level and circumstances. If you think that he was an educated man, highly intelligent, you might want to think that he obtained a higher education and built a fortune so to speak. But intelligence and education doesn’t just involve those that move ahead in life. Circumstances may have played a part where you may have a highly educated and intelligent person living in a trailer park. Might even be by choice. Look at Ted K living in a shack.

I think the Zodiac was self educated post high school and clever. Sometimes I say intelligent but, I think when it comes down to it, he was just clever. Could live in a trailer park but may not. Don’t think there is really anything about the Zodiac that surely says one way or another.

Soze

Posted : April 22, 2021 8:03 pm
thedude
(@thedude)
Reputable Member

Zodiac didn’t live in a trailer in unincorporated California. IMO. I think we should move away from Hermit Avenger theory. JMO.

Whoa, I said in 1986… this is what I’m afraid of. You didn’t ask but in 1964 through 1972 it was the Bay Area. San Jose and later San Francisco.
I also said it was his second home used primarily for his work. His first being a home Victorville. I think I’m going to regret this.

Posted : April 22, 2021 8:26 pm
(@cragle)
Prominent Member

What are people’s thoughts on this image of the card which has been cleaned up.
Look closely at the letters.

Posted : April 22, 2021 9:06 pm
Page 10 / 19
Share: