Zodic threat letter against Steve McQueen 1977

52 Posts
16 Users
0 Reactions
24.5 K Views
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

I did a search a minute ago and found a man that fits the bill. I don’t know if he is still alive so I can’t mention the name. I haven’t dug enough to see if he was living in California at the time. However, he was arrested, charged and convicted in 1977 for threatening to kill Jimmy Carter. This guys reasoning for doing so was because he was bored and wanted to make a name for himself. He thought that the best way he could do it was to threaten high profile names like presidents (he threatened more than one throughout his life), judges, politicians, actors and the like. The problem here is that this guy was about 24 when he was convicted of threatening to kill Jimmy Carter. He wasn’t a kid.

Soze

Posted : December 31, 2015 11:49 am
thedude
(@thedude)
Reputable Member

I did a search a minute ago and found a man that fits the bill. I don’t know if he is still alive so I can’t mention the name. I haven’t dug enough to see if he was living in California at the time. However, he was arrested, charged and convicted in 1977 for threatening to kill Jimmy Carter. This guys reasoning for doing so was because he was bored and wanted to make a name for himself. He thought that the best way he could do it was to threaten high profile names like presidents (he threatened more than one throughout his life), judges, politicians, actors and the like. The problem here is that this guy was about 24 when he was convicted of threatening to kill Jimmy Carter. He wasn’t a kid.

Soze

Initials?

Posted : December 31, 2015 7:55 pm
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member

I have no idea if the aforementioned 24 y.o. Jimmy Carter hater is the guy (lots of starstruck kooks out there), but since a quick Google search reveals that the Federal Youth Corrections Act (mentioned in the FBI report) applies to offenders aged 18 to 26 :shock: , he might very well be!

So yeah, whoever the writer was, he was definitely on the older spectrum of "kid," lol.

Posted : January 2, 2016 2:34 am
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

The idea that Burt was listed and he was stalked by someone for years, makes me think this is a true Z letter.
It looks good, but makes no sense to me, why Zodiac would want certain people released?
Was he just looking for more attention after being quite for a while?

Posted : April 11, 2016 8:37 am
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

I missed the section where it was proven a young boy wrote the letter. Can someone tell me why we are still going on an on about it ?

Posted : May 11, 2016 9:04 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

A man named Callisha S Lakota, also known as George B. Schneider, seems to be the likely person the government thought wrote this letter. This guy plead guilty in 1978 to have phoned the secret service from a Kentucky jail and threatened Jimmy Carter’s life. He was born in 1957 and was 21 years of age when the letter was written. Can we determine anything on this guy?

Posted : December 17, 2019 6:12 pm
(@cragle)
Prominent Member

A man named Callisha S Lakota, also known as George B. Schneider, seems to be the likely person the government thought wrote this letter. This guy plead guilty in 1978 to have phoned the secret service from a Kentucky jail and threatened Jimmy Carter’s life. He was born in 1957 and was 21 years of age when the letter was written. Can we determine anything on this guy?

Callisha S Lakota is a 63 year-old who was listed as being under the supervision of the department of corrections in Ely State Prison, Nevada. He was sentenced / adjudicated in Elko County. Lakota was an Elko County commit serving 60 months to Life for Sexual Assault, 60 months to Life for Victim over 65 Enhancement, 80 months to 20 years for Attempted Sexual Assault, 40 months to 10 years for Embezzlement. Lakota arrived at the NDOC in July 1988.

Name Callisha S Lakota
Age 63 years old
Date of Birth 9/15/1956
Race CAUCASIAN
Sentencing County Elko
Correctional Facility or Supervision Authority Ely State Prison
Nevada
Offense(s) Victim Over 65 Enhancement
Sentence Length: 60 months
Sexual Assault
Sentence Length: 60 months

Death
Nevada’s Department of Corrections says a 62-year-old inmate at a Carson City prison has died.
The department said in a statement Wednesday that Callisha Lakota died Tuesday (25 Dec 2018) evening at the Northern Nevada Correctional Center. Prison officials did not release details about Lakota’s death but said an autopsy will be performed.
Lakota was serving up to life in prison for charges related to sexual assault and embezzlement. He had been at the prison since 1988.
The prison system says it has not been able to find any relatives of Lakota and is asking those with contact information for his next-of-kin to reach out to the Nevada Department of Corrections.

Posted : December 17, 2019 8:32 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: