Zodiac Discussion Forum

Speculative hypothe…

Notifications
Clear all

Speculative hypothesis: Zodiac knew Faraday and Jensen?

8 Posts
6 Users
3 Reactions
Andr3w_0
(@andr3w_0)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Speculatively and at least at the level of intuition, I feel something there’s something qualitatively different about the Faraday/Jensen murders. Quite different to the BRS, LB, PS murders which were committed under the persona of Zodiac, and which were directly claimed as such. It took Zodiac seven months or so to put his ‘name’ to the Faraday/Jensen attack. Why the delay?

Is it possible that Zodiac has a more direct connection to Faraday and Jensen and decided to invent the persona of Zodiac, to hide their murders in the pack? Did he create Zodiac to spoof LE and the media to believing there was a serial killer on the loose in order to distract from a more direct connection?

And furthermore, did the ploy spin out of control because there was no endgame?

Disclaimer: I cross-posted this question on reddit, because I think about it a lot and genuinely interested to canvass other people’s opinion.

Posted : June 5, 2021 4:14 pm
(@simplicity2)
Trusted Member

Something fishy about the whole “meet up with kids on late Herman road” being past Jensen’s curfew and really Debbie Faraday (David’s sister) and there being seemingly little follow up in regards to who these kids were.

A lot of people think the zodiac is somehow connected with Darlene Ferrin, I don’t, I think he is more connect with the victims on Herman for similar reasons as OP.

Posted : June 5, 2021 5:04 pm
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member

The open-ended nature of LHR invites all kinds of speculation. I wouldn’t be the least surprised if he was being disingenuous about something. However, LHR was very much a cold case by the time "Zodiac" emerged. No survivors, no prints, no concrete ID of the car. Unless you can tie him to an actual suspect in the LHR murders, he would have been better off staying quiet.

Posted : June 5, 2021 10:22 pm
Andr3w_0
(@andr3w_0)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Debbie Faraday (David’s sister)

I wouldn’t entirely rule out that Debbie was being low-key stalked, yet David and Betty Lou ended up the targets as the result of some kind of mixed motive.

Posted : June 6, 2021 12:43 am
(@blemblem)
Trusted Member

Very well put.

As Simplicity said, LHR is very open-ended and so there is a ton of room to wonder. Whether or not the current big POI is the guy (but especially if he is), there are (taking a different direction) two legitimate ways to explain how the Zodiac would know such intimate details without being the killer. The first is that he’s an officer, maybe even one of the officers who arrived on the scene. The other is that he was a paramedic (!) and show up at the scene of LHR.

Personally I like yours a lot more, as I think Zodiac did all of these.

Posted : June 6, 2021 8:03 am
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member

The open-ended nature of LHR invites all kinds of speculation. I wouldn’t be the least surprised if he was being disingenuous about something. However, LHR was very much a cold case by the time "Zodiac" emerged. No survivors, no prints, no concrete ID of the car. Unless you can tie him to an actual suspect in the LHR murders, he would have been better off staying quiet.

Agreed, no reason for the killer to claim it.

Certainly a chance the BRS killer claimed LHR. Would have had to have picked up a few LHR crime scene specifics, but people talk.

Posted : June 6, 2021 9:38 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

Speculatively and at least at the level of intuition, I feel something there’s something qualitatively different about the Faraday/Jensen murders. Quite different to the BRS, LB, PS murders which were committed under the persona of Zodiac, and which were directly claimed as such. It took Zodiac seven months or so to put his ‘name’ to the Faraday/Jensen attack. Why the delay?

Is it possible that Zodiac has a more direct connection to Faraday and Jensen and decided to invent the persona of Zodiac, to hide their murders in the pack? Did he create Zodiac to spoof LE and the media to believing there was a serial killer on the loose in order to distract from a more direct connection?

And furthermore, did the ploy spin out of control because there was no endgame?

Disclaimer: I cross-posted this question on reddit, because I think about it a lot and genuinely interested to canvass other people’s opinion.

While I do believe the Zodiac at least, knew of his victims, I don’t believe the Zodiac waited nearly 7 months to write because he knew them. I think the Zodiac was still in his "creation" stage. He took the 7 months to carefully plan out his letters, his ciphers, killing locations, killing tools, etc.

Soze

Posted : June 8, 2021 6:13 pm
Andr3w_0
(@andr3w_0)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Knowing ‘of’ them is kinda where I’m at. It’s likely they were oblivious to him, even if they had crossed paths.

Posted : June 8, 2021 7:33 pm
Soze, Soze and Soze reacted
Share: