19 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
Pettibon Junction
(@pettibon-junction)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

His solution, located at the link below, is as follows:

CONGRATULATIONS/YOU/ARE/TO/LATE/I/CAN/NOT/BE/FOUND/I/AM/ONE/OF YOU/BUT/NO/ONE/CAN/BE/ME/I/HAVE/SLAVES/HERE/TO/NOW/PERLAPS/I/WIL/TAKE/THEM/WITH/ME/SE/YOU/IN/PARADISE/PS/GCDPQOKEJCMANE

Not much there about his methodology, but it tracks. Be interesting to see if this guy gets in touch to have his work vetted or turns out just to be another troll.

https://reddit.com/r/ZodiacKiller/comme … cked_z340/

"There are such devils."
-The Pledge

Posted : July 9, 2018 3:24 pm
(@anonymous)
Noble Member

Can’t be a correct solve because Thomas Horan has already solved it! On June 25th 2018.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont … jUJi5L6WI0

Along with 4,000 other people.

Posted : July 9, 2018 4:58 pm
(@themist)
Estimable Member

Putting his solution into the webtoy gives very poor results. Unless we know more about his method, very difficult to evaluate.

Posted : July 9, 2018 5:34 pm
(@mr-lowe)
Noble Member

well i hope it is right.. if not i hope somebody gets it right soon.
it will be interesting to see the process.

Posted : July 9, 2018 9:34 pm
joku
 joku
(@joku)
Estimable Member

Looking forward to him offering some proof/demonstration of his method, if he does. Supposedly the conclusion was reached by using word puzzles in paper(s) that came out after he sent the cipher. If this solution can be backed up it would offer a huge hint about Zodiac’s possible profession being someone that works in a paper.

Posted : July 9, 2018 11:34 pm
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member

This "solution" is only 143 characters long. It leaves 197 symbols in the 340 totally unsolved and/or unused.

He applies a public code game that appeared in the Vallejo Herald newspaper.

IMO this is yet another ridiculously bad non – solution, one of the worst.

Posted : July 10, 2018 1:58 am
(@agenbit)

This "solution" is only 143 characters long. It leaves 197 symbols in the 340 totally unsolved and/or unused.

He applies a public code game that appeared in the Vallejo Herald newspaper.

IMO this is yet another ridiculously bad non – solution, one of the worst.

Well, the way word search secret messages work, you usually exclude all the circled words and just use the leftover letters.
So it’s at least consistent.
The other way is to use only the backwards spelled words. I want to see the paper.

Posted : July 10, 2018 3:20 am
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member

IMO this 143 character solution, that says "congratulations" and other meaningless to the Z case words and phrases, is nonsense. The puzzle he uses appeared in the paper a week after the code did. Meaning the Zodiac would have to have been one of a small handful of men (10? 15?) Who had access to the puzzle ten days or so before it was published.

Why in the world an otherwise careful Z do something that if figured out would lead the police right to him?

This solution requires Z to be an employee of the Vallejo Herald and that the puzzle be created at least 10 days in advance of publication. What if it was created two days before publication, or four days, or six days? Then it can’t be.

Like other bad proposed solutions, he does not show his work or methods.

Posted : July 10, 2018 5:48 am
doranchak
(@doranchak)
Member Admin

A claim made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

http://zodiackillerciphers.com

Posted : July 10, 2018 1:39 pm
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

He’s been asked to scan and post the word sleuths he used but hasn’t produced. Pretty sure this is the same guy who was posting here awhile back about his grandfather.

Posted : July 11, 2018 2:39 am
(@themist)
Estimable Member

He’s been asked to scan and post the word sleuths he used but hasn’t produced. Pretty sure this is the same guy who was posting here awhile back about his grandfather.

What makes you think that?

Posted : July 11, 2018 3:44 am
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member

He’s been asked to scan and post the word sleuth he used but hasn’t produced. Pretty sure this is the same guy who was posting here awhile back about his grandfather.

1. Yes he has been asked multiple times to post the Word Sleuth he used, post his work and show his method and results. So far, nada.

2. The guy here who claimed Grandpa was Zodiac and left him a box full of mysterious, interesting and incriminating items also declined to photograph the items and post the pictures. But what specifically makes you think Grandpa Was Z Guy and Redditor Solves The 340 Guy are one and the same?

3. Aside from the valid points and criticisms made by myself, other Redditors and other ZKS posters, the Word Sleuth puzzle he uses to "solve" the 340 was published in the Vallejo Herald on November 15, 1969. The Zodiac 340 was mailed on November 8, 1969.

So the Zodiac must have created the 340 when, maybe November 1, 3 or at the latest 6? Unless Zodiac was a psychic or invented a time machine, how does he use a puzzle published on November 15 to create his code on November 6? These simple word sleuth puzzles might be created a day or two before they are published.

There’s no evidence presented they are created as much as 10 or more days in advance. There’s no evidence presented that any staffers at the newspaper would know of the puzzles 10 days before they are published.

And even if all that is true, it seems highly unlikely that an otherwise careful Zodiac would use a method that if identified would lead the police directly to an office of 3 – 5 individuals who might know in advance of the puzzle.

Considering all of the above, I think Doranchak’s post sums it up pretty well: Claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Posted : July 11, 2018 4:07 am
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

What makes you think that?

For one thing, he mentioned his grandfather, said he saved these newspapers and the police wanted to know why. Now he says the police asked him not to speak about this and he said he was going to delete the post. Sounds like the same game the guy here was playing.

Posted : July 11, 2018 6:22 am
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

He’s been asked to scan and post the word sleuth he used but hasn’t produced. Pretty sure this is the same guy who was posting here awhile back about his grandfather.

2. The guy here who claimed Grandpa was Zodiac and left him a box full of mysterious, interesting and incriminating items also declined to photograph the items and post the pictures. But what specifically makes you think Grandpa Was Z Guy and Redditor Solves The 340 Guy are one and the same?

Grandpa saved things just sounds very familiar.

Posted : July 11, 2018 6:25 am
(@themist)
Estimable Member

Grandpa saved things just sounds very familiar.

Good observation.

Posted : July 11, 2018 2:25 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: