1969 video of Presidio Halloween Party

25 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
 Khys
(@khys)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

This is out of my wheel house but I’ve read a bit of speculation about Z having a connection to the Presidio from other posters so I took a shot and looked it up on YouTube. Turns out there is a 5 minute home movie of a Halloween party posted online. I mean, it was Halloween so I expected there to be some Zodiac similarities but wowzer. I’m gonna push past the half dozen plus Zodiac connections in the decorations at this party as zynchronicity including the advertisement with a geisha in it around 1:23 to say it’s a long shot but perhaps you’ll recognize a party goer as a suspect or known friend of a suspect if you take a look?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Jk4bbcVvc

Posted : December 14, 2018 5:05 am
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

4.20 in, there is a guy that looks a lot like Jack Tarrance a Zodiac suspect.

Posted : December 14, 2018 8:22 am
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

Now that I take a better look at the guy in the video and pics of Jack. They are pretty similar but don’t think it’s Jack. The guy in the video looks very familiar though to me.

Posted : December 14, 2018 6:16 pm
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

Look at it more I’m back to saying it’s Jack. I had a few people I know look at pics of Jack and the guy in the video and they think they are the same person. Jack Tarrance is on my least favorite Zodiac suspect list but if that is him that bumps him up for sure.

Posted : December 14, 2018 10:35 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

That’s not Jack Tarrance.

However it might be Truman Capote.

Posted : December 14, 2018 10:49 pm
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

To me Tom he looks very similar to some of the pics of Jack, same smile, same long forehead, same baldness in front. Again he is not one of my favorite suspects at all and just what I see.

Posted : December 14, 2018 10:57 pm
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

pic of Jack and guy in the video looks a little younger then this photo.

Posted : December 14, 2018 11:16 pm
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

Damn I need to cut down on drinking. I’m seeing two Jack Tarrance’s and three Earl Best.

Posted : December 15, 2018 9:26 am
(@anonymous)
Noble Member

I’m seeing two Jack Tarrance’s and three Earl Best.

I’ll raise you one Ross Sullivan, as the big Mummy at 4.50.

Posted : December 15, 2018 10:07 pm
 Khys
(@khys)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I know the feeling haha. I’ve been looking at a lot of weird videos from the 60’s and you start to see suspects everywhere. If you want more weird ones to speculate over while having a drink let me know cause I’ve got em haha.

FWIW, I think there is some resemblance to Jack in that guy. He also has military boots on which is not a surprise I guess being connected to a military thing and an interesting build that fits with some Z descriptions. I don’t remember Z ever being described as heavily balding though. And if Ross was the mummy that would be the best.

Posted : December 15, 2018 10:25 pm
 Khys
(@khys)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Y’know, I’m gonna just give you another one because there is a minuscule chance there really is something here and the video quality is actually good so you may be able to place a POI if you have the stomach to look. This one is .. odd. I’m not sure where this is at but the video says San Francisco 1969. A young British journalist is at a Love In interviewing people in a semi-serious way. I’m not an expert on the timing of this but I’m guessing the love in stuff was starting to become a bit of a caricature at this point after a couple years of it already happening. It’s worth watching a bit to get the tone of the thing but starting at 4:20 to around 5:50 you have a couple of guys in kind of costumes messing with the love in. They are being purposefully creepy, eventually one telling the reporter they represent “hate” and they are here because there are so many “hate opportunities”. It’s odd. The one at 4:20 (who doesn’t talk unfortunately) has a vague Z profile. Rabbit hole with me and tell me what you think!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7JMnlyvLno

Posted : December 15, 2018 10:48 pm
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator

Good old Video- fun to watch. The party scenes were huge in SF at that time & through out the 70’s. It gives you a feel of the times. But I see nothing Z like, well except for those cut out hanging eyes. Keep searching!
Zam*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If Zodiac ever joined a Z forum, I’m sure he would have been banned for not following forum rules. Zam’s/Quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted : December 15, 2018 11:38 pm
(@anonymous)
Noble Member

Rabbit hole with me and tell me what you think!

I think this reminds me that Z killed a bunch of straight kids; none were part of the druggie sub-culture.

Posted : December 15, 2018 11:49 pm
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

Rabbit hole with me and tell me what you think!

I think this reminds me that Z killed a bunch of straight kids; none were part of the druggie sub-culture.

Yea and my Z POI was so antisocial he probably never been to a party or was invited to one. I imagine a few others POI was like that.

Posted : December 16, 2018 1:01 am
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

I’m seeing two Jack Tarrance’s and three Earl Best.

I’ll raise you one Ross Sullivan, as the big Mummy at 4.50.

Lol and the real Z is probably in the box costume thing.

Posted : December 16, 2018 1:02 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: