Notifications
Clear all

1969 video of Presidio Halloween Party

25 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

Y’know, I’m gonna just give you another one because there is a minuscule chance there really is something here and the video quality is actually good so you may be able to place a POI if you have the stomach to look. This one is .. odd. I’m not sure where this is at but the video says San Francisco 1969. A young British journalist is at a Love In interviewing people in a semi-serious way. I’m not an expert on the timing of this but I’m guessing the love in stuff was starting to become a bit of a caricature at this point after a couple years of it already happening. It’s worth watching a bit to get the tone of the thing but starting at 4:20 to around 5:50 you have a couple of guys in kind of costumes messing with the love in. They are being purposefully creepy, eventually one telling the reporter they represent “hate” and they are here because there are so many “hate opportunities”. It’s odd. The one at 4:20 (who doesn’t talk unfortunately) has a vague Z profile. Rabbit hole with me and tell me what you think!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7JMnlyvLno

I got nothing going on today so will give it a watch as well.

Posted : December 16, 2018 1:05 am
(@anonymous)
Noble Member

…my Z POI was so antisocial he probably never been to a party or was invited to one.

Another epic fail by "Twich" Mallone.

Zodiac WAS popular. Went to painting parties. Should be banned from the forum for forgetting this!

Posted : December 16, 2018 1:32 am
 Khys
(@khys)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I agree Z didn’t target hippies. It’s kinda odd the hyper awareness Z has on certain social things and seeming unawareness or care about a lot of the major social upheaval going on around him, no? I’m open to it but I don’t necessarily believe Z was antisocial. To me, he desperately wants to be a part of and contribute to a society he can’t seem to understand or can’t seem to understand him. I don’t think he’d be the life of the party but I do imagine him as a guy who might be on the outskirts of it secretly hoping people would talk to him. We also know Z liked to dress up, sent a Halloween card, got out and about a bit in general, and was a bit theatrical. I didn’t expect to see him, saying all that, but I did think that a POI’s known acquaintance like Tim Sullivan or something might show.

Posted : December 16, 2018 1:40 am
(@anonymous)
Noble Member

… I don’t necessarily believe Z was antisocial. To me, he desperately wants to be a part of and contribute to a society he can’t seem to understand or can’t seem to understand him.

Or… he could be like all the other serial maniacs. Some random dickhead who gets his rocks off fantasising about cruelty and creating bloodbaths to give his stupid life some meaning.

Posted : December 16, 2018 1:56 am
joku
 joku
(@joku)
Estimable Member

That was such a cool watch! Especially with the quality being so good, it gives one an interesting peek into how life was at that time. In parts it looked so much like some modern day Instagram video, with a couple of the guests in t-shirts and that eyeglass style still being popular. Funny.

Posted : December 16, 2018 4:12 am
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

…my Z POI was so antisocial he probably never been to a party or was invited to one.

Another epic fail by "Twich" Mallone.

Zodiac WAS popular. Went to painting parties. Should be banned from the forum for forgetting this!

Lol! Life has taught me one thing. I will never forget! You are better of going to a painting party then a moving one.

Posted : December 16, 2018 12:17 pm
 Khys
(@khys)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Girl on the couch 3:42-43 looks a bit like Donna Lass.

Posted : December 27, 2018 10:07 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

I’m seeing two Jack Tarrance’s and three Earl Best.

I’ll raise you one Ross Sullivan, as the big Mummy at 4.50.

Thanks for the laugh! Cracked me up…

Cool vid, but I’d say Zodiac was the guy never invited to the parties. Although the peace symbol on that one dude’s leg (near the end) looks familiar. :P

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : January 1, 2019 11:09 pm
 Khys
(@khys)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Finally got around to some screen shots for comparisons. I’m pretty sure this is Donna Lass at this party. I don’t know what significance that has if any but I think it’s her. I got tired of trying to figure out how to post photos so here’s a link to a blog with screen shot comparisons.

https://zodiackblog.home.blog/2019/07/1 … onna-lass/

Posted : July 12, 2019 1:50 am
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

That’s obviously not Donna.

Posted : July 12, 2019 2:45 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: