Det Toschi and the 1978 Letter SF Chron Articles

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

I went to the library and got a bunch of articles about Toschi, his being transfered to the pawn shop detail over the Maupin deal, the April 1978 letter and which other letter that Toschi was accused of possibly writing.

Just read the first few lines of this one. Herb Caen is putting in his two cents regarding Chief Gain!

www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com

Posted : March 28, 2013 8:07 pm
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

I feel lucky to have had several phone calls from Det, Dave Toschi back in the 1970s. He was the most dedicated of all the detectives I have met over the past 50 plus years. I highly doubt he would ever write a letter pretending to be Zodiac!   Sherwood Morrell believed the 1978 letter was from Zodiac as well as any letters Toschi was accused of sending. The1978 I am Back letter tells me Zodiac had been out of Calif. for about four yrs, and had just returned in 1978. He must have realized that was too much information, and did some back peddling, by writing he hadn’t left and was always here. 

It was later proven Toschi did not write anything other than the fan letters to that ignorant jerk Armistead Maupin, who ruined Toschi’s career and his life!  

Posted : November 19, 2021 6:36 pm
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin

Posted by: @sandy-betts

I feel lucky to have had several phone calls from Det, Dave Toschi back in the 1970s. He was the most dedicated of all the detectives I have met over the past 50 plus years. I highly doubt he would ever write a letter pretending to be Zodiac!   Sherwood Morrell believed the 1978 letter was from Zodiac as well as any letters Toschi was accused of sending. The1978 I am Back letter tells me Zodiac had been out of Calif. for about four yrs, and had just returned in 1978. He must have realized that was too much information, and did some back peddling, by writing he hadn’t left and was always here. 

It was later proven Toschi did not write anything other than the fan letters to that ignorant jerk Armistead Maupin, who ruined Toschi’s career and his life!  

I have a lot of respect for you, Sandy, but I strongly disagree with you on this.

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : November 22, 2021 6:43 pm
Share: