Clear all

Belli's Japanese-themed wedding

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Apologies if it’s already buried in the archives somewhere, but this 1966 article about Belli’s wedding to Pat Montandon is new to me.

I wasn’t aware of a Belli – Japan connection until now (though admittedly I haven’t looked very hard :mrgreen: ). He also wrote a book about Japan in 1960.

Posted : May 1, 2016 1:34 am
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

This is posted either on this forum or the old forum. The marriage did not last long, they were married Oct.12, 1966 and had filed for divorce by December 1966. Pat Montandon says in one of her books that the marriage lasted 30 days. I’m assuming that they were living together for that 30 days and it took a few weeks for them to file.

Here is an article about their divorce from The San Bernardino County Sun Dec. 25, 1966

www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com

Posted : May 1, 2016 2:39 am
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Found a Dec. 22 article with more info on the divorce/anullment:

Posted : May 1, 2016 4:46 am
Jarlve
(@jarlve)
Famed Member

Belli executive produced Tokyo File 212 (1951), Hollywood’s first film to be shot entirely in Japan. It featured Florence Marly and Robert Peyton in key roles.

Worth checking out that movie? :)

AZdecrypt

Posted : May 2, 2016 6:30 pm
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

Knock yourselves out. As they say here. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfdm45cBVTk

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : May 3, 2016 2:56 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Thanks for posting those articles.

Pat is still alive and well and has shared (with some) her history with Belli. She actually seems like she was fond of the man, but also thought he was
(just slighty ;)) egotistical. She joked about how he would steal silverware from hotel rooms. I thought that was funny.

Pat has been very pleasant with me, and I now consider her my friend. She wrote a delightful book–an autobiography basically, titled: "Peeing on Hot Coals". I received the funniest inscription…."…hope you enjoy Peeing!"… :lol:

She has done some amazing work worldwide, a lot of it with children. I can say NOT staying married to Belli was probably one of the better decisions she ever made!

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : May 7, 2016 1:55 am
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I can imagine. :o More "Life with Melvin"!

Posted : May 15, 2016 9:17 pm
Share: