Clear all

"Lake Berryessa Mystery Killing," Feb. 13th

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I’m slowly clicking through the Vallejo Times-Herald archives from 1974, this is my 2nd find that lines up with one of the letters. :shock: Online sources say the SLA letter was sent or received on February 14th.

Posted : January 11, 2016 12:05 am
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

Very good find, I know how much time it takes to hunt for this sort of information. Thank you very much , keep up the good work!

We are all looking forward to more.

Posted : January 11, 2016 5:48 am
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator

I agree good find, Coffee Time!
Those microfiche machines at the JFK Library are slow & take forever. Please click away & continue to share!
Zincerely, Zam*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If Zodiac ever joined a Z forum, I’m sure he would have been banned for not following forum rules. Zam’s/Quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted : January 11, 2016 6:25 am
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Oh, this is from Newspapers.com. It’s slow because the files take forever to load. :) Their archives are pretty spotty…one year for the Times, S.F. Chronicle — 1800s to the 1920s, others have seemingly random gaps. From what was available, the Times was the only paper where I could find the Berryessa story.

I did look into relevant issues of the Times for possible links to RP & Citizen, but nothing really leapt out at me (I even read the classifieds, lol).

Posted : January 11, 2016 8:11 am
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

Here is an article with the victim Identified.

Allen Major’s murder is not one mentioned in this older article from the Napa Register about unsolved murders in Napa And Napa County. So it’s quite possible that it was solved.

http://napavalleyregister.com/news/poli … b0b5f.html

It should be easier to research whether or not it was solved with the victim’s name than without.

www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com

Posted : January 11, 2016 8:39 am
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator

^^ Interesting & shorty after the Z. All those murders, and even the LB locations!
The murdered guy, wearing someone else’s "Shirt", interesting!

Zam*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If Zodiac ever joined a Z forum, I’m sure he would have been banned for not following forum rules. Zam’s/Quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted : January 11, 2016 9:32 am
(@mr-lowe)
Noble Member

It could be interesting if the house mates initials are RH or if he was a Sullivan…Took his shirt and his name..the last part of that article has a St Helena resident daisy being shot as well.. It would be good to know that address..

Posted : January 11, 2016 4:28 pm
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

I found a couple more articles on the Major murder. The roommate was arrested and charged with the murder. The roommate’s name was Bruce Harp. I did not find any articles beyond Harp being arraigned.

Posted : January 11, 2016 6:48 pm
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

It could be interesting if the house mates initials are RH or if he was a Sullivan…Took his shirt and his name..the last part of that article has a St Helena resident daisy being shot as well.. It would be good to know that address..

Mr lowe, I was able to find an address for Daisy Crislip in St. Helena. It was 1443 Silverado Trail North St. Helena.

Posted : January 11, 2016 6:51 pm
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin

Interesting find. Seems the guy charged with the murder would have been only 17 at the time of the Lake B attack, sort of rules him out in my mind

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : January 11, 2016 7:48 pm
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

Thank you Seagull, for finding the information we asked for. As usual , great job!

I wonder if the roommate was convicted and how much time he got? He could be out and about by now? Not surprising that he would used the insane defense being he worked at a Mental hospital. At least I think Sonoma State Hospital was like Napa State Hospital ? The shirt may have belonged to the roommate being they did live in Southern Calif.

I agree with Morf, he was too young to be Zodiac. Just curious of how he looked, lets see if he is on classmates ?

Posted : January 12, 2016 2:43 am
Share: