8 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Z writes

All children who are up in dates and implore you with implatt.

http://www.zodiackiller.com/LL3HR.html

Does anybody understand what he wants to say there?

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : November 19, 2013 2:14 pm
(@anonymous)
Noble Member

Hi Quicktrader,

I personally believe that he was simply repeating the sounds of lyrics as phonetically as he was able because he heard but did not understand them.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=216

The question is, why would he do that? Here are some possibilities:
1) He genuinely heard them that way and didn’t have the sense to notice his own mistake.
2) He was from another linguistic background and was unaware that these were not words in English.
3) He was mocking what others might do…ironically the sort of mistake people would make who might be on such a list.
4) He merely thought it was funny. (As I am amused by my own misheard lyrics. e.g.: "pink hotel with a light on").
5) Some of his published messages were directed at specific people that he knew would read his messsages and would recognize that particular mastication .

The one possibility that I do not entertain is that that phrase really had a hidden, cryptic meaning, but I have often wondered if number 5) might explain why he repeated that mismasticrated phrase–as one might do if they were a serial killer trying to get recognized by a family member who they knew would be shocked, yet remain silent. Perhaps as a kind of torture for a despised parent, or a way of bragging to a sibling who once mocked his mistakes.

I don’t think that I have heard any discussion on this idea before, but I have often wondered if such a motive might explain several of the stranger things he wrote: his communications–at least some of them–while being broadcast to the world, contained portions that were aimed at particular recipients.

Anyway, I maybe drifting off topic.

Thanks,

G

Posted : November 19, 2013 3:55 pm
(@entropy)
Honorable Member

I personally believe that he was simply repeating the sounds of lyrics as phonetically as he was able because he heard but did not understand them.

I agree… although Z’s nonsensical version makes about as much sense to me as the actual lyrics:

"And all children who are up in dates and floor you with ’em flat"

What the hell does that mean anyway? :lol:

Posted : November 19, 2013 4:19 pm
glurk
(@glurk)
Prominent Member

From the mighty Google:

"Up in", which is an old variant, appears in Ko-Ko’s song in Gilbert and Sullivan’s The Mikado, where among the people who "never would be missed" he lists
All children who are up in dates, and floor you with ’em flat–
that is, "children who have studied history so well that they are able to talk about the dates that events happened in a way that astonishes adults."

-glurk

——————————–
I don’t believe in monsters.

Posted : November 19, 2013 5:39 pm
smithy
(@smithy)
Prominent Member

"Show-off kids".

Posted : November 19, 2013 5:42 pm
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

"Show-off kids".

Yes, little know-it-alls. Suggests to me that our boy was an observer of human nature?

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : November 20, 2013 1:20 pm
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

"Show-off kids".

Yes, little know-it-alls. Suggests to me that our boy was an observer of human nature?

Or the person who wrote the song was. :)

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : November 21, 2013 7:28 am
(@entropy)
Honorable Member

Thanks, guys. I hate those little kids who implore you with implatt almost as much.

Posted : November 22, 2013 3:02 pm
Share: