67 Posts
16 Users
0 Reactions
10.9 K Views
Welsh Chappie
(@welsh-chappie)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Just thinking about the who LHR incident again. I have mentioned the idea that Zodiac may have been there on foot and listed several reasons why this theory is plausable. But today I have been looking over the scene and reports and noticed something that seems to suggest that if Zodiac was in a vehicle at LHR, it’s unlikely that he parked his vehicle where the one witness said he saw a second vehicle parked. What we know for sure is this;

Zodiac shot David at point blank range while he was either exiting the vehicle’s passenger door, or while standing outside next to it. He fell to the ground where he was and a large pool of blood was found around the head area of the body.

It’s then assumed that Betty, in reaction to seeing this, attempts to flee from the gunman. We know, based on the shell casings found, that Zodiac didn’t run or chase Betty, but remained at the passenger side door of the Rambler while shooting Betty. One bullet hole on Betty’s dress was found to have a trace of gun power residue on it that lead some to conclude that Betty was within arms length of Zodiac when he fired his first shot. (If Betty were sat in the passenger side with David outside her open door with Zodiac, seeing him shot and fall to the ground would have probably caused her to try and instantly exit the vehicle and run. unfortunately Zodiac was standing right in her path of escape and as she straightened up from exiting the car, he may have shot her almost point blank in the back) Either way, bettey didn’t get but 20 ft.
One interesting website I read earlier stated something that I was not aware of, that being, when Betty Lou fell to the ground, she did so by falling backwards. As the website author note’s, this is against the law’s of psysics. If a person is moving foreward at speed, ir running, and for whatever reason begins to fall, they will always and without exception, fall foreward. If Betty was running from the shooter at the time she fell, the momentum would have carried her in that same foreward direction untill she fell. Anyway, thats just a side note to think of, here the oddity…

Police reports say that between David and Betty’s body’s (20 ft), there was a visable trail of blood. So if Zodiac was parked where witness Owens claims to have seen the second vehicle, whether it be 5 ft or 10 ft to the right of the Rambler (he gave 4-5 ft in his first statement, then 10 ft in a seconds statement) doesn’t matter. There is now a visable trail of blood spanning almost the entire parking area. This now presents a situation where Zodiac, when leaving the scene and driving between Betty’s and David’s bodies, has to drive through the trail of blood! Yet, no tracks found in any blood, no blood reported as appearing smeared as if driven over.

"So it’s sorta social. Demented and sad, but social, right?" Judd Nelson.

Posted : May 18, 2013 5:38 pm
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin

While this is a possibility, it’s not very likely. If Owen really saw a 2nd car there, it almost HAS to be Zodiac. Owen claims(not until his 2nd interview)that he heard a shot a 1/4 mile past the scene. I personally do not believe him,but if he’s being truthful,there’s no time for the car he saw to back out and leave and then somebody come along on foot,get the kids out,and then do the shooting, as it would have only taken 30 seconds or so for Owen to get a 1/4 mile where he claims he heard the shot.

As far as Z not running over the bodies,or blood,and avoiding them, my theory is that Z was likely BACKED IN . Being backed in could explain that one lone shell casing so far away from the others. If Z got out after backing in,the kids could have become nervous and started backing up,and Z could have shot one time into the air or into the roof of their car to stop them,then he did the rest of the shooting up close to Dave’s car. This explains that one shell casing so far from the others, and also explains how Z didnt run over bodies or drive thru blood. Backing in would allow for a quick escape if something went wrong,or headlights were approaching. However,if I am right,then Owen most certainly is Zodiac because he claims the car he saw was facing the same direction as Dave’s.

Hey,if somebody else can place an ex-airforce guy,that owned multiple guns,and had multiple inconsistencies in his story,at the scene of the crime like Owen was,then I am all ears

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : May 23, 2013 3:18 pm
smithy
(@smithy)
Prominent Member

How come he let them out of the car at all?

Posted : May 23, 2013 6:33 pm
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

I agree with you Morf about Owen and as for Zodiac being on foot not very likely. Whoever killed Domingos & Edwards may have been on foot but that’s another story.

Posted : May 23, 2013 6:38 pm
 Wier
(@wier)
Reputable Member

by smithy » Thu May 23, 2013 9:33 am

Maybe the most important question of all. They also sat beside each other there (if two cars) for what I think is a lengthy time in the circumstances, before he made his move. It’s fair to ask why he didn’t do as he did at BRS and just shoot them in the car. Part of a far out theory of mine….what if he was looking for someone in particular/thought that person was in the car but couldn’t be 100% in the circumstances!

Posted : May 23, 2013 7:07 pm
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin

by smithy » Thu May 23, 2013 9:33 am

Maybe the most important question of all. They also sat beside each other there (if two cars) for what I think is a lengthy time in the circumstances, before he made his move. It’s fair to ask why he didn’t do as he did at BRS and just shoot them in the car. Part of a far out theory of mine….what if he was looking for someone in particular/thought that person was in the car but couldn’t be 100% in the circumstances!

I think he learned from his mistakes at LHR (letting Betty Lou run off)and wasnt going to let that happen again at BRS,no way he would risk somebody running off.

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : May 23, 2013 7:59 pm
 Wier
(@wier)
Reputable Member

Quite possibly Morph but that,s to infer that the act of getting them out of the car in the first place was down to an error/naviety on his part…solid argument.
But you would have to wonder about that, especially if we believe these were not his first victims.

The the act of doing that, meant a greater risk than was necessary and I’m just trying to explore the idea. One possibly two cars had already passed in a short space of time, he couldn’t be sure another would not come along, yet he spent that extra time forcing them out, What purpose did it serve? Why did he need to confront those victims face to face in the first place as opposed to shooting them where they sat?

Posted : May 23, 2013 11:22 pm
smithy
(@smithy)
Prominent Member

I think he learned from his mistakes at LHR (letting Betty Lou run off)and wasnt going to let that happen again at BRS,no way he would risk somebody running off.

If it’s a progression then yes you may well be right, but still, especially given that the drivers door was locked, how come he let them both out of the car – via the passenger side – at all? It’s a puzzle, that.

Posted : May 23, 2013 11:25 pm
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

I believe far as the YB says is that Zodiac fired a shot through the rear window. Now just speculation on my part but that may have made Betty Lou panic and leave the car. Zodiac see’s her exiting and heads towards the passenger side. David decides to follow her through the passenger side where Zodiac meets him there and shoots him point blank. Then after that he fires at Betty Lou as she is running away. As for why they left the car in the first place well people sometimes don’t act rational when being fired upon or hearing bullets fired.

Posted : May 24, 2013 1:20 am
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

I also think Zodiac may have been headed towards the driver side of the vehicle after he fired the shot in the rear window. But he seen Betty Lou exiting so he headed towards the passenger side instead. From the other Zodiac crimes he seemed to want to take care of the male first.

Posted : May 24, 2013 1:25 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

I wonder if they weren’t going to get out and that is why their killer shot at the window..demanding they get out.

Considering where the bullet hit David, it’s almost like whoever it was told them to stand facing the car. More cop-like moves.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : May 24, 2013 4:41 am
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

I wonder if they weren’t going to get out and that is why their killer shot at the window..demanding they get out.

Considering where the bullet hit David, it’s almost like whoever it was told them to stand facing the car. More cop-like moves.

Different look on it and sounds plausible. But I don’t get the cop thing shooting out the rear window to get there attention. That sounds like opposite what cops ever should do.

Posted : May 24, 2013 5:31 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Different look on it and sounds plausible. But I don’t get the cop thing shooting out the rear window to get there attention. That sounds like opposite what cops ever should do.

It’s just that certain things Zodiac does reminds me of the techniques LE uses…not that he actually was a cop.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : May 24, 2013 9:39 am
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator

It’s just that certain things Zodiac does reminds me of the techniques LE uses…not that he actually was a cop.

Sometimes I "think" Zodiac’s Dad was a cop, just a feeling I get. It would explain a lot of things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If Zodiac ever joined a Z forum, I’m sure he would have been banned for not following forum rules. Zam’s/Quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted : May 24, 2013 9:51 am
smithy
(@smithy)
Prominent Member

I first read this a while ago on another forum- I’ve just found it again. It’s not accurate – and can’t be – in several respects, and it’s a bit breathless, a bit lurid maybe, but it offers a different view of the circumstances surrounding events at LHR which at least gives pause for thought.

"DF is standing by the right rear tire speaking to a man in low tones. BLJ has rolled down her window in an attempt hear what is being said. Suddenly the man produces a gun and a scuffle ensues. Shocked, BLJ exits the vehicle. DF is struck by fist or pistol producing the bruise on his right cheek. The gun is placed to his left ear and fired. DF falls precisely where one would expect him to- face up, feet nearly touching the rear wheel. BLJ runs counter-clockwise around the Rambler, head down, desperately seeking cover. He fires at her twice but misses. These slugs soar off into the distance and are never recovered. Now BLJ is opposite the killer with the Rambler between them. He lifts his weapon **above head level and cocks his wrist** attempting a head shot across the roof of the station wagon. The slug digs into the car just above the rear window chrome and embeds in the headliner. BLJ screams and ducks into a squat covering her head. [It is probably this casing that carroms off the ground and/or the open door and comes to rest on the right floorboard. It is difficult to gleen too much about spent casings as, due to their shape, after they hit the hard frozen ground they have all the predictability of a punted football.] As he hurries clockwise towards the rear of the car he fires a shot in passing through the right rear window diagonally downward towards where he knows BLJ to be crouching in terror. He rushes around the rear of the Rambler just as BLJ makes a mad dash for her life. He fires hurridly and buries a slug into the left rear wheel well. As BLJ bolts past him this ‘remarkable marksman’ finally manages to hit her. She staggers on and he follows at a walk. He hits her three more times [an easy target now]. She falls and this putrid bastard stands over her and fires one last round [the one that leaves the powder residue]. "

Posted : May 24, 2013 1:31 pm
Page 1 / 5
Share: