10 Users
0 Reactions
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2020/09/ … 498301001/

https://www.tahoedailytribune.com/news/ … ast-shore/

Tom Voigt first posted this on his website. Unknown if it is related to Donna Lass, but it’s encouraging. I’m sure we’ll have to wait until DNA can confirm anything.

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : September 24, 2020 4:54 am
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member

I hope Donna can finally be laid to rest.

Posted : September 24, 2020 5:31 am
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

Tahoe

Posted : September 24, 2020 5:35 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Tahoe

:D

Local law enforcement is aware of a possible connection. While it is a long-shot, it is certainly worth discussion.

It’s strange how often remains are found in the area…but this caught my attention a bit more. I would have questioned whether the skull was even real, but after more remains being found, it seems to be legit. Either way…someone is now found, and that’s a good thing. Just hope they can figure out who it is.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : September 24, 2020 6:51 am
(@mr-lowe)
Noble Member

Hi Tahoe i hope your doing OK in these troubling times, do you have you any idea how far this was from where those sunglasses were found.

Posted : September 24, 2020 10:09 am
(@shawn)
Estimable Member

Local law enforcement is aware of a possible connection. While it is a long-shot, it is certainly worth discussion.

Does the Tahoe card say look around the eastern shore of the lake?

Seems like some suspect like Philip Arthur Thompson had a house on the eastern shore. Thompson told Betty Cloer they we’re going to Tahoe before killing her about 15 miles west of Placerville.

Posted : September 24, 2020 11:27 am
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

Does the Tahoe card say look around the eastern shore of the lake?

Seems like some suspect like Philip Arthur Thompson had a house on the eastern shore. Thompson told Betty Cloer they we’re going to Tahoe before killing her about 15 miles west of Placerville.

The peek through the pines card shows a hole punched in the upper right hand corner of the card north east of Incline Village which is where I "thought" the skull was found, but I was wrong it was south not north? It seems to have been planted there in the open, so it could be found? It has only been a few weeks sense Donna’s 50th anniversary, lets hope she has been found!

As for an answer to Mr. Lowe, No that is not close to where the glasses were found, they were found at Clare Tappin Lodge in Norden, Soda Springs where I have looked for her body (Further north ) The idea that this skull was found in another county is also Z like. It is just such a hard place to get to that it may be someone who slipped and fell a long time ago?

Posted : September 24, 2020 9:06 pm
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

The Pines card is up for interpretation.

The remains are much more recent than the 70’s. Unfortunately, it does not appear that it could be Donna. :(

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : September 25, 2020 4:34 am
buyerninety
(@buyerninety)
Estimable Member

"The remains are much more recent than the 70’s."
Why can’t the remains be of some 19th century guy that died during
the construction of the flume near Marlette Lake and got buried in
a shallow grave that got exposed due to erosion/weathering?

Posted : September 25, 2020 8:53 pm
(@capricorn)
Honorable Member

Why can’t they start by ruling out some of the known cold cases such as Donna Lass? Seems like it would be very simple to do and announce results in short order. If not her, then move on to whatever long processes are involved. These cases seem to provide employment ($$$) for many detectives, lab personnel, and website operators.

Posted : September 25, 2020 10:14 pm
(@capricorn)
Honorable Member

What is the status of the man who thought his grandfather had known her and provided all those pics of a woman who had a remarkable resemblance to her? There was supposedly a detective handling all the information this person had submitted!

Posted : September 25, 2020 10:17 pm
(@nick-no-nora)
Honorable Member

If it’s someone else, we’ll hear that for sure.

Posted : September 26, 2020 9:19 pm
Share: