9 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin
Topic starter

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/03/da … 74363.html

Somebody took a play out of Zodiac’s book. The couple was parked in a secluded area, when the assailant(s) arrived, maybe acting as police. The male Victim, David was shot in the car. The Female, Heidi, took off running, and was shot. This is reminiscent of Zodiac’s LHR attack, with one big difference, Z used a handgun so he could shoot with one hand, and hold a light with the other. This killer of Childs & Metzler used a hunting rifle, and you need two hands for that, so that could indicate more than one attacker. Also, since this was in VA, it made me think of the Colonial Parkway murders of the 80’s and 90’s in which a killer attacked couples in their cars at night.

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : August 22, 2014 1:40 pm
Pettibon Junction
(@pettibon-junction)
Reputable Member

I’ve been following the thread for this on Websleuths. Very disturbing case.

"There are such devils."
-The Pledge

Posted : August 27, 2014 4:25 pm
xEnigm4x
(@xenigm4x)
Estimable Member

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/03/david-metzler-heidi-childs-murder-has-new-leads-74363.html

Somebody took a play out of Zodiac’s book. The couple was parked in a secluded area, when the assailant(s) arrived, maybe acting as police. The male Victim, David was shot in the car. The Female, Heidi, took off running, and was shot. This is reminiscent of Zodiac’s LHR attack, with one big difference, Z used a handgun so he could shoot with one hand, and hold a light with the other. This killer of Childs & Metzler used a hunting rifle, and you need two hands for that, so that could indicate more than one attacker. Also, since this was in VA, it made me think of the Colonial Parkway murders of the 80’s and 90’s in which a killer attacked couples in their cars at night.

I know it was evening, but does anyone know the approximate time? Could have still been enough daylight out that no flashlight was needed, or could have had a night vision scope attached to the rifle.

HMPF PF HMZ ΦXℲPGƎ FԀZG/POR!

Posted : August 27, 2014 11:34 pm
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member

David Metzlet sounds very familiar, but I can’t put my finger on why.

A few minutes ago on a toilet not very far, far away….

Posted : August 28, 2014 10:00 am
Pettibon Junction
(@pettibon-junction)
Reputable Member

xEnigm4x: "I know it was evening, but does anyone know the approximate time?"

From what I’ve read, the police were looking to pin down suspect vehicles seen in the area between 6 p.m. and midnight; however, the victims themselves were last seen around 8:00, which would put the time of death well after dark.

"There are such devils."
-The Pledge

Posted : August 29, 2014 5:11 pm
xEnigm4x
(@xenigm4x)
Estimable Member

xEnigm4x: "I know it was evening, but does anyone know the approximate time?"

From what I’ve read, the police were looking to pin down suspect vehicles seen in the area between 6 p.m. and midnight; however, the victims themselves were last seen around 8:00, which would put the time of death well after dark.

Thanks Pettibon.

So then, that leaves a couple of options. As Morf said, it could have been a crime committed by more than one person….or, there’s still the option of the rifle having a night vision scope on it.

Posted : August 30, 2014 3:29 am
Pettibon Junction
(@pettibon-junction)
Reputable Member

So then, that leaves a couple of options. As Morf said, it could have been a crime committed by more than one person….or, there’s still the option of the rifle having a night vision scope on it.

David was found in the vehicle with Heidi a short distance away. Perhaps the killer pulled his vehicle in and left it running with the high-beams on for illumination. To me, this scenario makes the most sense, as it provides more than enough light for him to ensure they’re dead, take his trophies, and drive off in short order.

Also I’m not sure, but I THINK one of the articles I read specified that there was a moon that night. This would further cut down on the need for a handheld light source.

"There are such devils."
-The Pledge

Posted : August 30, 2014 3:59 am
xEnigm4x
(@xenigm4x)
Estimable Member

David was found in the vehicle with Heidi a short distance away. Perhaps the killer pulled his vehicle in and left it running with the high-beams on for illumination. To me, this scenario makes the most sense, as it provides more than enough light for him to ensure they’re dead, take his trophies, and drive off in short order.

Also I’m not sure, but I THINK one of the articles I read specified that there was a moon that night. This would further cut down on the need for a handheld light source.

Or that! :lol:

Posted : August 30, 2014 4:20 am
(@jamesmsv)
Reputable Member

I am hoping someone familiar with US law can help me with a query on this case.
The FBI have recently added $28,000 to the reward pot for information leading to an arrest (total now at $100,000). My layman’s (and as a foreigner) understanding of the role of the FBI is that they wouldn’t get involved in a standard murder case unless it fit certain criteria.
I thought this would include extortion, kidnapping, or inter-state crimes that involved murder (I also thought that was why their released docs on Zodiac always showed his crimes as ‘extortion’ because they couldn’t go after him just for the murders).
Does this mean that the FBI believe they are dealing with a serial killer in this case, one who has operated in more than one state? Or am I reading too much into that? Do they sometimes just get involved in cases for good PR etc?
Any clarification would be much appreciated, thank you.

Check out my website: www.darkideas.net

Posted : August 28, 2019 4:54 pm
Share: