Clear all

Contacted Riverside Press-Enterprise

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@dag-maclugh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Thought I’d let you know I contacted Mark Acosta, Metro Editor of the Riverside Press-Enterprise re the Bates case. He told me he did not know if Riverside Police Department has contacted the national DNA data bank re evidence found at the murder scene, but would meet with his staff about this. Acosta seemed interested, and I hope he follows this up.

Posted : July 24, 2018 9:44 pm
(@margie)
Estimable Member

That’ s awesome Dag! I sure hope he follows up!

Posted : July 24, 2018 11:46 pm
(@dag-maclugh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Margie: I’m going to follow up my phone call with Mr. Acosta with a letter. Particularly, I want him to realize that RPD’s efforts over the years have, in large measure, consisted of promoting their POI, and insisting that "Cheri Bates was NOT killed by the Zodiac." Further, I’ll suggest he give our Forum a look-see so he can appreciate that, with few exceptions, its members are intelligent, and their conclusions to be taken seriously.

Posted : July 25, 2018 2:29 am
(@dag-maclugh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

On second thought, I’ve decided not to send Mr. Acosta a follow-up letter. The man is, after all, basically a reporter; he doesn’t need my encouragement. I will, however, give him a call in a couple of weeks and see what’s up, if anything. I’ll let you know one way or the other.

Posted : July 25, 2018 10:51 pm
(@dag-maclugh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I phoned Mr. Acosta, Metro Editor of the Riverside Press-Enterprise. He said to wait until the CA firestorms abate, as the paper is busy following this issue. I’ll give it a try later.

Posted : August 9, 2018 10:01 pm
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member

Dag, unfortunately that’ll be around Christmas.

Why not try a crime beat writer at the LA Times?

Posted : August 9, 2018 10:11 pm
(@dag-maclugh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Xcaliber: Thanks for the tip!

Posted : August 11, 2018 8:13 pm
Share: