Ross Sullivan is the Zodiac

105 Posts
29 Users
0 Reactions
18.4 K Views
up2something
(@up2something)
Reputable Member

My take regarding Zodiac’s statement about his appearance is that he probably does resemble the sketch a lot. A "I look nothing like that!" statement sounds like damage control. An overreaction. If the sketch would not have worried him, he probably would not have said a thing about it. Same as when a guilty person is often the first to claim "I didn’t do that!".

Actually, he pretty much admitted that he looked like the sketch… "I look like the description passed out only when I do my thing, the rest of the time I look entirle different." That’s assuming you can take a serial killer at his word, of course.

Posted : December 13, 2017 10:47 pm
(@skyward)
Trusted Member

Looks good….it’s all about the handwriting…love to see more…t is just like ‘citizen,’ d is very good.

Posted : December 14, 2017 1:29 am
joku
 joku
(@joku)
Estimable Member

Actually, he pretty much admitted that he looked like the sketch… "I look like the description passed out only when I do my thing, the rest of the time I look entirle different." That’s assuming you can take a serial killer at his word, of course.

Oh, true. So it would be more accurate to say that he probably resembles the sketch even in his daily life.

Posted : December 14, 2017 5:07 am
(@nick-no-nora)
Honorable Member

However, the girls at the Lake that saw a suspicious man watching them said he was about 6ft2, same as Ross(to be fair, I don’t think that mystery guy and the Stine sketch look at all like each other)

I have to wonder if the guy the girls saw was Zodiac. Seems Zodiac wouldn’t have paraded around, walking within about 20 feet of them, being seen like that then go and kill someone.

As I’m fond of saying in instances like this, it doesn’t seem like master serial killer Ted Bundy would tell an intended victim that his name was Ted. But it happened. Things were getting too easy for him and he got cocky and careless.

Posted : December 15, 2017 11:43 am
(@yoursecretpal)
Estimable Member

Someone mentioned the watch could be someone else’s. Not very likely.
It was still running didn’t stop til much later, so it had to be lost that night…
Probably the Killer’s, possibly Cheri Jo’s

http://TheZodiacKiller.com

Posted : December 15, 2017 8:19 pm
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

However, the girls at the Lake that saw a suspicious man watching them said he was about 6ft2, same as Ross(to be fair, I don’t think that mystery guy and the Stine sketch look at all like each other)

I have to wonder if the guy the girls saw was Zodiac. Seems Zodiac wouldn’t have paraded around, walking within about 20 feet of them, being seen like that then go and kill someone.

As I’m fond of saying in instances like this, it doesn’t seem like master serial killer Ted Bundy would tell an intended victim that his name was Ted. But it happened. Things were getting too easy for him and he got cocky and careless.

If it was Zodiac he must have been sizing them up as potential victims. May have decided three was too many to control. Also, there were two other people there near the girls, a couple, who must have seen him or his car. I can’t find where they were ever interviewed, though their names are in the police report.

Posted : December 15, 2017 9:48 pm
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

It was still running didn’t stop til much later, so it had to be lost that night…

Agreed it’s most likely either Cheri’s or the killer’s, but all we know is what time it stopped running, not what day.

Posted : December 15, 2017 9:50 pm
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Agreed it’s most likely either Cheri’s or the killer’s, but all we know is what time it stopped running, not what day.

It’s not Cheri Jo’s. That much I can offer.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : December 16, 2017 12:13 am
(@snooter)
Reputable Member

Or a 3rd person that was there…i still think another female led her back into the alley..no proof but justa hunch

Posted : December 16, 2017 2:13 am
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

It’s not Cheri Jo’s. That much I can offer.

Yeah, surely it would have been identified if it were hers.

Interesting it had paint on it. I seem to recall someone, Ross’s brother I think, saying Ross liked to paint, as in artistic type painting.

Then, there’s that San Diego thing too. ;)

Posted : December 16, 2017 2:28 am
(@ham-friend)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Being obese, as he was, can effect posture and height too. Could’ve possibly zapped an inch or so. I’ll be posting the full yearbook entry on Monday the 18th. My apologies for the hold up

Posted : December 16, 2017 3:06 am
(@solvethemystery)
Estimable Member

I’ll be posting the full yearbook entry on Monday the 18th. My apologies for the hold up

Great work Ham Friend! That "z" with the squiggly is so unusual and stylized that it virtually clenches Ross as the author of the Bates letter — and by extension suggests Ross is the Zodiac himself. Out of curiosity, did Ross write any "f" characters in the yearbook salutation? If so, are the "f" characters in the yearbook consistent with the stylized, curved "f" that Zodiac wrote on Hartnell’s car door?

Posted : December 16, 2017 3:58 am
(@ham-friend)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks. Unfortunately, there arent any "f’s". :( That is also the letter I would have loved to see the most! Also, the "z" written in my book is actually a sideways "h" from the word "though". Something that jumped out at me when i turned the book at an angle. While I probably already pulled the most compelling samples, Im very interested to see what others can come up with.

Posted : December 16, 2017 4:26 am
(@mmsox)
Trusted Member

Any k’s? It’s also pretty distinct with the top line almost sideways.

Posted : December 16, 2017 5:58 am
(@ham-friend)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I was wrong on the f’s. doh! There is one f but its in cursive. SOrry for the mix up!

Posted : December 19, 2017 3:03 am
Page 6 / 7
Share: