Ross Sullivan is the Zodiac

105 Posts
29 Users
0 Reactions
18.4 K Views
Zresearch
(@zresearch)
Reputable Member

Let’s say that it is proven that Ross 100% did kill bates, does this mean that ross was zodiac?

Posted : December 19, 2017 6:30 pm
(@mmsox)
Trusted Member

Let’s say that it is proven that Ross 100% did kill bates, does this mean that ross was zodiac?

The odds of someone else later killing and writing letters that match his handwriting are next to zero. If his dna is on her pants, he’s Zodiac.

Posted : December 19, 2017 7:49 pm
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

The odds of someone else later killing and writing letters that match his handwriting are next to zero. If his dna is on her pants, he’s Zodiac.

And if his DNA is not on her pants, and his prints don’t match?

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : December 19, 2017 9:54 pm
(@mmsox)
Trusted Member

And if his DNA is not on her pants, and his prints don’t match?

Then he didn’t kill her and he almost certainly wasn’t Zodiac unless the dna from the gloves in Paul’s cab say differently. I don’t have to be right about Sullivan being Zodiac. If he’s not, let’s figure out who is. At the moment, he’s got the most convincing case imo. That’s why so much rests on that dna sample. It will definitely lower the suspect pool.

Posted : December 19, 2017 11:14 pm
Pretty Polly
(@pretty-polly)
Trusted Member

Not necessarily. It makes him an even better candidate to be Zodiac, but there would need to be more concrete evidence, such as DNA, linking him to the other murders.

Posted : December 20, 2017 5:23 am
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin

Bottom line, get Ross’s family DNA to compare to the Bates DNA and Zodiac DNA. If there’s no match, he’s in the clear. Pretty simple if the cops make it happen

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : December 20, 2017 9:09 am
Zresearch
(@zresearch)
Reputable Member

I’ll suppose you are correct, the odds would be astronomical.

But can we really link Ross to every zodiac crime scene?

Its possible ross had a partner. One could have been killing while the other could have been writing the letters…though I guess this would just be pure speculation.

My take has been to investigate every scene as an individual crime… at least for now.

Though if ross’s DNA is on bates pants, that pretty much pegs him as the bates killer, and makes him the best zodiac suspect.

Posted : December 20, 2017 6:06 pm
Zresearch
(@zresearch)
Reputable Member

Not necessarily. It makes him an even better candidate to be Zodiac, but there would need to be more concrete evidence, such as DNA, linking him to the other murders.

My thoughts exactly. It would peg him as the bates killer and as the best zodiac candidate to date, but we would still need some means of connecting him to the other crime scenes, wouldn’t we?

Posted : December 20, 2017 6:08 pm
(@mmsox)
Trusted Member

I’ll suppose you are correct, the odds would be astronomical.

But can we really link Ross to every zodiac crime scene?

Its possible ross had a partner. One could have been killing while the other could have been writing the letters…though I guess this would just be pure speculation.

My take has been to investigate every scene as an individual crime… at least for now.

Though if ross’s DNA is on bates pants, that pretty much pegs him as the bates killer, and makes him the best zodiac suspect.

This is why his dna matching the gloves left in Paul’s cab would be the end. I don’t think you would need to have evidence of him at each scene if his dna is on Cheri’s pants, in Paul’s cab, he matches the sketch, every witness said he was a bigger guy and so on. While it’s an interesting theory that more than one person was Zodiac, all the evidence would point at Ross killing on his own.

Posted : December 20, 2017 8:37 pm
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

This is why his dna matching the gloves left in Paul’s cab would be the end.

I’m guessing the first thing they did was check the dna they found on the gloves against Stine’s to make sure they weren’t his, so that means they either belonged to Zodiac or some other fare left them in the cab.

I don’t understand why Zodiac would have gloves, then not use them and leave them behind. I’d say most likely they weren’t his gloves that he wore.

That doesn’t mean he didn’t leave them. I’ve often wondered if Zodiac sometimes left behind items he took from other murders sort of as a calling card. Things like the gloves in Stine’s cab, the watch at CJB’s murder site. The bottle or Army jacket at the LB attack. All seem to be unknowns.

Posted : December 20, 2017 9:25 pm
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

This is why his dna matching the gloves left in Paul’s cab would be the end.

I’m guessing the first thing they did was check the dna they found on the gloves against Stine’s to make sure they weren’t his, so that means they either belonged to Zodiac or some other fare left them in the cab.

I don’t understand why Zodiac would have gloves, then not use them and leave them behind. I’d say most likely they weren’t his gloves that he wore.

That doesn’t mean he didn’t leave them. I’ve often wondered if Zodiac sometimes left behind items he took from other murders sort of as a calling card. Things like the gloves in Stine’s cab, the watch at CJB’s murder site. The bottle or Army jacket at the LB attack. All seem to be unknowns.

That’s exactly it Curious…until there is a match among crime scenes, a lot of the "finds" will be dismissed. At least with Cheri’s case, any male DNA from blood is surely her killer’s.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : December 20, 2017 9:47 pm
(@skyward)
Trusted Member

If his DNA is on the pants, we start fitting him into institutional timelines in N Cal with court order. He has to be ‘in scene’ to be Zodiac, on all 4…Bates is a touchstone to the others.

Posted : December 22, 2017 4:32 am
(@solvethemystery)
Estimable Member

That is perplexing. If the gloves belong to Zodiac, I wonder if he used the gloves getting into the cab so as to not leave hand and palm prints behind. He has them on during the ride. Shoots Stine. Keeps the gloves on while cutting off bloody pieces of Stine’s shirt to keep his hands dry and thus avoid leaving bloody finger prints. Then Zodiac takes the gloves off and then takes his time putting them neatly in a bag in the back seat. Perhaps the bag was needed as he could stick the gloved hand in the bag and then hold the exterior of the bag to slide off the bloody glove without touching it with his other hand. If this occurred, it would be very odd for a killer to take his time fleeing, but the teens did observe he lingered and took his time doing something in the cab. In this hypothetical scenario, Zodiac leaves the gloves in the car as he no longer needs them. His hands are now dry, the Stine’s clothing is in his pocket and he walks off. Also, I recall Hartnell seemed to recall that Zodiac had gloves on during the stabbing attack two weeks earlier.

Posted : December 22, 2017 5:37 am
(@skyward)
Trusted Member

They have Stine’s blood on them, they are evidence. We don’t really need the why, what it should tell us is Zodiac was not as organized as some believe. He claimed he used airplane model cement on his fingertips and did not need gloves. So they were a ruse, or he lied in his letters, which we already know he was capable of.

Posted : December 22, 2017 6:23 am
Zresearch
(@zresearch)
Reputable Member

That is perplexing. If the gloves belong to Zodiac, I wonder if he used the gloves getting into the cab so as to not leave hand and palm prints behind. He has them on during the ride. Shoots Stine. Keeps the gloves on while cutting off bloody pieces of Stine’s shirt to keep his hands dry and thus avoid leaving bloody finger prints. Then Zodiac takes the gloves off and then takes his time putting them neatly in a bag in the back seat. Perhaps the bag was needed as he could stick the gloved hand in the bag and then hold the exterior of the bag to slide off the bloody glove without touching it with his other hand. If this occurred, it would be very odd for a killer to take his time fleeing, but the teens did observe he lingered and took his time doing something in the cab. In this hypothetical scenario, Zodiac leaves the gloves in the car as he no longer needs them. His hands are now dry, the Stine’s clothing is in his pocket and he walks off. Also, I recall Hartnell seemed to recall that Zodiac had gloves on during the stabbing attack two weeks earlier.

Maybe they were zodiac’s gloves, and he removed them before getting into the front seat to remove stines shirt, maybe they made it difficult to do such, who knows.

Maybe zodiac was leaving someone else’s gloves there, maybe to lead the police to the wrong person, maybe to try to frame someone he did not like… I am not saying that Leigh allen was zodiac, but Cheney said Leigh would take "silly-putty" and have a person hold it in their hands obtaining their prints, so maybe zodiac did something similar, leaving a partial of in blood of someone else’s print, and also leaving this person’s gloves, the police would then discount zodiac and be led to the wrong guy.

( Cheney said specifically ( in the "his name is Arthur Leigh allen film) that when he handed Leigh back the putty that he had made it smooth again, and then Leigh was upset by this and made him (cheney) give a good thumb print in the putty… I think Cheney might be scared that his thumb print was left in the cab, perhaps cheney was zodiac, or perhaps he feared allen was zodiac and knew that allen had his thumb print impression, who knows. It is said that zodiac was into murder mystery comics, it is possible that zodiac knew all these little tricks as well and did something similar. He could have obtained another person’s print impression and gloves and left them as false clews… )

Though what I think the most likely possibility is exactly what zodiac told us:

"If you wonder why I was wipeing the cab down. I was leaving fake clews for the police to run all over town with, as one might say, I gave the cops som bussy work to do to keep them happy. I enjoy needling the blue pigs".

While he doesn’t mention the gloves or the print these also could have been fake clews.

I love that misspelling…

The word “clue,” as in “a piece of evidence used as a guide in solving a mystery or a problem,” originally means “a ball of thread,” and it was spelled “clew.” What’s thread got to do with clues? The answer is in the story of Ariadne, Theseus and the Minotaur.

One year Theseus, the son of the king of Athens, decides to go to Crete in order to kill the Minotaur and stop the sacrifices. When Theseus arrives in Crete he meets Ariadne, the king’s daughter, and she falls in love with him. Theseus tells Ariadne that he intends to kill the Minotaur and that he will marry her if she helps him. That’s when Ariadne gives him a ball of thread, called a “clew,” which Daedalus had given her, and she tells Theseus how to find his way back out of the labyrinth with it.

Theseus ties one end of the thread to the door of the labyrinth, manages to find and kill the Minotaur deep inside the labyrinth, and then follows the thread back out.

The word “clew” therefore always meant both “a ball of thread” and “something that guides a person out of a difficult or mysterious situation.” The spelling changed from “clew” to the modern “clue,” and the word we use today was born. That’s the origin of clues in English.
http://www.thewestologist.com/words-and … n-of-clues

Its like he is leaving us false lines of string leading deeper into the labyrinth, all the while we think we are headed towards our goal. False lines of string to lead us into the wrong direction and to make us become lost, confused, and stranded in a maze.

I know my minotaur myth interpretations don’t go over well here, so I will stop, I am going off topic any way, and I apologize.

Posted : December 29, 2017 12:36 am
Page 7 / 7
Share: