Ross Sullivan is the Zodiac

105 Posts
29 Users
0 Reactions
18.4 K Views
Paul_Averly
(@paul_averly)
Prominent Member

I can even claim Ross’ "R" is identical to the one on the envelope addressed to Riverside PD.

And all I had to do was rotate the R 45 degrees. Hell, we can do this all day long.

Great find!

Posted : December 13, 2017 5:52 am
(@mmsox)
Trusted Member

That’s a pretty small wrist if it came off a grown man. 7” is the average woman’s wrist. Could it have been hers? If it was the killer’s, why would he leave it?

Posted : December 13, 2017 5:56 am
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

That’s a pretty small wrist if it came off a grown man. 7” is the average woman’s wrist.

Is there some national standard on wrist size? Someone has actually averaged wrist sizes of women and men?

Out of curiosity I just measured the wrist of my brother, who at 6-2, 260+ pounds would be close to Ross Sullivan size. His wrist is 7 1/2 inches around. I’m 6’0, 265 lbs and mine is 7 1/2 also.

Posted : December 13, 2017 6:24 am
(@mmsox)
Trusted Member

Said average for a woman was 7” and a man 8”. When I was in HS, my wrist was 8.5” and I was 5’10 215. I doubt there’s any pattern, but given your brother is roughly his size, it could’ve fit him. Maybe he was so worked up, he didn’t even realize it came off until he was already gone.

Posted : December 13, 2017 6:57 am
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin

Have all the Ross threads devolved into yet another attempt to disregard him based on height/weight whiteness description alone?

HAS ANY SUSPECT BEEN RULED OUT BY WITNESS DESCRIPTION ALONE?

There must have been a doppelganger who looked just like Ross, only 5’8", who tailed his every movement from 1966-1970, and also pulled off the Z crimes.
The doppelganger must have also been into crypto, theater and different types of handwriting.

I’ve already challenged people to come up with another suspect that looks like Ross and was in the RCC library. I’ll be glad to check them out. So far, nobody has come up with one.

Napa investigators felt that Zodiac was well over 200 lbs, just like Ross was. That matches. The height is the only thing that’s off. However, the girls at the Lake that saw a suspicious man watching them said he was about 6ft2, same as Ross(to be fair, I don’t think that mystery guy and the Stine sketch look at all like each other)

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : December 13, 2017 9:06 am
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

However, the girls at the Lake that saw a suspicious man watching them said he was about 6ft2, same as Ross(to be fair, I don’t think that mystery guy and the Stine sketch look at all like each other)

I have to wonder if the guy the girls saw was Zodiac. Seems Zodiac wouldn’t have paraded around, walking within about 20 feet of them, being seen like that then go and kill someone.

Posted : December 13, 2017 9:34 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

However, the girls at the Lake that saw a suspicious man watching them said he was about 6ft2, same as Ross(to be fair, I don’t think that mystery guy and the Stine sketch look at all like each other)

I have to wonder if the guy the girls saw was Zodiac. Seems Zodiac wouldn’t have paraded around, walking within about 20 feet of them, being seen like that then go and kill someone.

I think he thought he was being sneaky. He leered at them from afar, then came down close to them (in the same manner as Bryan and Cecelia) and when the girls looked at him, he’d look away. If he was "Zodiac"…apparently it didn’t matter who he was as he was never located.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : December 13, 2017 11:48 am
 Boo!
(@boo)
Trusted Member

Well first it is not guaranteed that Zodiac is also the CJB killer. But seems quite possible.

Second the CJB killer didn’t have to go in the library. He could have easily followed her there, tampered with her car and waited outside. That would make more sense to me anyway than being inside the library where you are more easily spotted. The killer didn’t need to be associated with the library at all. I would submit it is more likely that he wasn’t. Also Ross apparently had an alibi.

Thirdly I think the Zodiac sketch could be highly innacurate (also stated by Toschi), which already only has a passing resemblance of Ross. Short blonde hair and glasses are hardly damning features. The face itself could be anyone. The sighting at Lake B is very different and nothing like Ross, although I think that may not have been Zodiac at all.

Lastly, again, the 3 primary witnesses at the time of the killings all describe a male of average height. Maybe slightly taller. If it was only one witness describing the height I wouldn’t pay much attention to it. But all 3 say the same thing.

Posted : December 13, 2017 4:22 pm
Spiderhawk
(@spiderhawk)
Trusted Member

Have all the Ross threads devolved into yet another attempt to disregard him based on height/weight whiteness description alone?

HAS ANY SUSPECT BEEN RULED OUT BY WITNESS DESCRIPTION ALONE?

There must have been a doppelganger who looked just like Ross, only 5’8", who tailed his every movement from 1966-1970, and also pulled off the Z crimes.
The doppelganger must have also been into crypto, theater and different types of handwriting.

I’ve already challenged people to come up with another suspect that looks like Ross and was in the RCC library. I’ll be glad to check them out. So far, nobody has come up with one.

Napa investigators felt that Zodiac was well over 200 lbs, just like Ross was. That matches. The height is the only thing that’s off. However, the girls at the Lake that saw a suspicious man watching them said he was about 6ft2, same as Ross(to be fair, I don’t think that mystery guy and the Stine sketch look at all like each other)

Hi Morf
when did Ross become a suspect in the bates case? when did the library folks first raise there suspicion?

…a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma

Posted : December 13, 2017 6:38 pm
(@mmsox)
Trusted Member

The confession said he went back in the library for a couple minutes while waiting on her battery to die.

You left off the prominent widows peak, his left eye having a slight droop and his flat lips.

My biggest issue with height is the fact most witnesses likely didn’t get a good look while he was standing straight up and down. If a guy 6’2 hunches over in the dark, it’s going to be very difficult to nail his height, especially if he just fired a pistol by your head or he’s moving in, out and around a cab a story below you. That obviously doesn’t apply to Hartnell, but he said he’s a bad judge of height, so it’s hard to take his guess with any credibility.

Posted : December 13, 2017 6:44 pm
Patinky
(@patinky)
Estimable Member

That’s a pretty small wrist if it came off a grown man. 7” is the average woman’s wrist.

Is there some national standard on wrist size? Someone has actually averaged wrist sizes of women and men?

Out of curiosity I just measured the wrist of my brother, who at 6-2, 260+ pounds would be close to Ross Sullivan size. His wrist is 7 1/2 inches around. I’m 6’0, 265 lbs and mine is 7 1/2 also.

Yes, sizing is standardized. The length (circumference) of a watch band, bracelet, etc., is longer than the actual wrist measurement, usually, by one to one-and-a-half inches or more. Sizing also depends on individual taste in styling and fit.

No way will a 7 1/2" band latch over a 7 1/2" wrist. You and your brother would need at least an 8-inch bracelet or wristwatch (which includes the diameter of the watch face) because of an allowance for overlap if the band buckles (which the Bates scene watch did).

Bone structure usually has more to do with jewelry sizing than height or weight. There are always exceptions, of course. :D

Like the above poster stated, the watch could be Cheri’s.

When in doubt, don’t.

Posted : December 13, 2017 7:09 pm
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

Sizing also depends on individual taste in styling and fit.

It all depends on how the police came up with the measurement. I don’t know how they did.

Like the above poster stated, the watch could be Cheri’s.

Could also be anyone who walked by there and lost a watch. I believe it was found "nearby" in a flowerbed, I’d have to look back at the reports though. It had paint on it, so it might have been a maintenance worker or contractor who lost it. Not much to be gained from the watch in my opinion.

Posted : December 13, 2017 9:24 pm
Patinky
(@patinky)
Estimable Member

Somewhere along the line, one of the Zodiac’s comments stated that he looked totally different from day-to-day than how he looked when he "did his thing." (My paraphrasing.)

Most compelling to me is the nose and nostril shape. Though not rare, that type nose is not common. The external nostril openings on the sketch are rounded and up-turned (used to be called an upturned or pug nose). You can see the same, round, upturned openings in some of Ross’s photos. It is an unusual shape for adults.

When in doubt, don’t.

Posted : December 13, 2017 9:52 pm
Patinky
(@patinky)
Estimable Member

A link to some info about the watch:

http://zodiackillerfacts.com/main/river … mysteries/

When in doubt, don’t.

Posted : December 13, 2017 10:01 pm
joku
 joku
(@joku)
Estimable Member

Somewhere along the line, one of the Zodiac’s comments stated that he looked totally different from day-to-day than how he looked when he "did his thing." (My paraphrasing.)

Most compelling to me is the nose and nostril shape. Though not rare, that type nose is not common. The external nostril openings on the sketch are rounded and up-turned (used to be called an upturned or pug nose). You can see the same, round, upturned openings in some of Ross’s photos. It is an unusual shape for adults.

My take regarding Zodiac’s statement about his appearance is that he probably does resemble the sketch a lot. A "I look nothing like that!" statement sounds like damage control. An overreaction. If the sketch would not have worried him, he probably would not have said a thing about it. Same as when a guilty person is often the first to claim "I didn’t do that!".

The nose of the sketch has always stood out to me too. Not so much in its shape but in how small it is. Although the shape is also very detailed, I’ve always felt that the size would be the more accurate part of the sketch, as it would be much more difficult to note the shape of nostrils than the size of them. And I feel that, when I look at Ross’ face, his nostrils are noticeably large, so much so that if I saw him once, I’d definitely remember it as the central feature of his face afterwards.

Posted : December 13, 2017 10:12 pm
Page 5 / 7
Share: