Clear all

IT'S TIME FOR ALL INFORMATION TO BE RELEASED

12 Posts
10 Users
0 Reactions
(@ithinkiknow)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I know that there are legitimate reasons for law enforcement to hold back information. However, the time for that is over. There are far too many of us in this community with research and investigative skills to keep the evidence hidden. The 340 was solved by those in our community, not law enforcement. And, in case I haven’t said it enough, congratulations to those who worked so tirelessly to solve the cipher.

The Netflix documentary Don’t F*ck With Cats shows us (in another context) what can be done by motivated researchers.

It’s beyond time for the infirmation in this case to be released. There is surely no one left to prosecute. They should give us a chance to do what the professionals haven’t been able to do: solve this mystery before time renders it unsolvable.

Posted : December 20, 2020 6:45 am
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin

Agree 100%

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : December 20, 2020 7:20 am
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

Click around the Internet and you’ll see far too many people who have had access to the available information for years, but who still firmly believe Gaykoskee couldn’t of killt Steen because he was limping in Europe at the time with a widdows peek. In other words, releasing more information will just add even more misinformation ammo for the 99%.

Posted : December 21, 2020 12:23 am
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

Click around the Internet and you’ll see far too many people who have had access to the available information for years, but who still firmly believe Gaykoskee couldn’t of killt Steen because he was limping in Europe at the time with a widdows peek. In other words, releasing more information will just add even more misinformation ammo for the 99%.

https://youtu.be/pzoctfTu_0A?t=255

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/

“I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story, two equal and logical sides to an argument.” Edward R. Murrow.

Posted : December 21, 2020 12:40 am
(@margie)
Estimable Member

https://youtu.be/pzoctfTu_0A?t=255

Hmmmmmm……another great find Richard.

I think, and have always thought, that it would be great to get all the files and info. There are pros and cons on each side of the argument of course ….. but at least give ALL the info to one person or one team who could research the complete, original information without all the contradictory background noise that has been so skewed over all these years.

Posted : December 21, 2020 4:25 am
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin

I don’t care about the 99% or what they do with the new info. I care about the 1% who know the case and maybe need that one little clue to break it open.

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : December 21, 2020 7:07 am
(@mr-lowe)
Noble Member

yes its frustrating..but the all caps header is old man yells at clouds

Posted : December 21, 2020 11:46 am
 Khys
(@khys)
Estimable Member

And the 340 is just the latest in a series of civilian successes helping solve high profile crimes. It’s hard to ignore that despite civilian involvement, many of those have led to prosecution anyway. Release the info. It’s time.

Posted : December 21, 2020 4:50 pm
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member

I have to imagine most of the unreleased info is pure garbage. Mrs. Tuttle turning in her neighbor because he mows his lawn at odd hours; the massive graveyard of dead-end suspects…fascinating from a historical standpoint, but not of much use. Hold-backs that might be more valuable as hold-backs than as evidence.

I do feel the radio silence on practically everything in recent years has gotten absurd. I guess Poyser tried, but SFPD is still a black hole.

Posted : December 21, 2020 8:52 pm
(@fishermansfriend)
Estimable Member

It’s clear Z hasn’t been a LE priority for years.

The fact that the code languished for years and in the end didn’t turn out to be vastly exotic, should go to show that the real issue here is foot-dragging.

I fail to see the harm in releasing more info.

There will always be idiots claiming their uncle is the killer. So what. Either you’re smart enough to deal with the noise or you’re not.

Posted : December 21, 2020 9:46 pm
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member

We can ignore the crazies, but LE is obliged to follow through on "leads" from kooks.

Anyway — my own wish list would be: unredacted files on the 1974 letters, and whether the 1978 DNA ever matched anyone.

Posted : December 23, 2020 4:06 am
Hiking
(@hiking)
Eminent Member

Did L.E. take enough time to review
Earlier crimes that could have been done by the same Person
A lot of what he did was calling out police and testing them.

Posted : May 6, 2021 6:15 am
Share: