Zodiac crosshair symbol

9 Posts
2 Users
3 Reactions
Russ Thompson
(@russ-thompson)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I do not suspect that Z was aware of this, but the ancient Greek Linear B symbol for the syllable “ka” resembles the crosshairs symbol. However, “ka” does not extend the radii beyond the circle boundary. I include this to demonstrate just how old that ‘logogram’ is to humanity. 

That was too much!

Posted : November 5, 2021 2:17 pm
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

I am pretty sure Zodiac had a fixation for watches, times, Holidays, and water. That he got the idea for his name and logo from the Seawolf Zodiac watch. He could have been a diver?  He could also have been the person Darlene called Honcho, who went diving in the Virgin Islands with Darlene and Jim, and who Darlene saw kill someone there?  She was not a random Zodiac victim,  she was a planned hit! They knew each other for a while before she became afraid of him, is what I believe. I also believe he lived in Vallejo or nearby. That was perhaps why he chose to send the Vallejo Times-Herald newspaper one-third of his three-part cipher.  The Examiner and Chronicle covered a good part of the Bay Area, Vallejo was not a large city. The Oakland Tribune also covered a large area, but he didn’t send it to the Oakland Tribune, he needed it to be in the VTH! 

I feel Zodiac had a job that allowed him to travel all over California and out of state. Like Construction work, every known Zodiac crime was close to construction, Calif. was booming with new homes and “schools’ being built or refurbished. The only place I wasn’t able to find construction was Lake Berryessa. That one I believe he followed Bryan and Cecelia from the St Helena rummage sale. Possibly got a flat tire along the way, lost them for a while, then spotted their car parked on Knoxville rd. He knew that car had a young couple in it before he took the long walk towards the shoreline.

Was Zodiac behind the “car problem” Bryan had that day? 

Posted : November 22, 2021 5:10 pm
jay, jay and jay reacted
Russ Thompson
(@russ-thompson)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @sandy-betts

he got the idea for his name and logo from the Seawolf Zodiac watch

A good possibility for sure. If so, that also suggests an “outdoorsy” type of person that watch would appeal to. Recreational hunter / fisherman?

That was too much!

Posted : November 26, 2021 4:25 pm
Russ Thompson
(@russ-thompson)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

For weird completeness, these following HTML symbol codes all yield a crosshair symbol:

• ⊕
  • ⊕

Could come in handy if you write about Z in HTML.

That was too much!

Posted : February 14, 2022 5:44 pm
Russ Thompson
(@russ-thompson)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Whoops, those last two are:

• [ampersand]#x02295;
  • [ampersand]#8853;

That was too much!

Posted : February 14, 2022 5:46 pm
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

@russ-thompson There are very few places you will find both the logo and the name Zodiac!  He was obsessed with time, a watch with the name Zodiac and logo is the best I believe, and not because I was the first to find it back in 1970 then gave that info to Paul Avery,  who in turn gave it to Robert Graysmith. Graysmith mentions me in Unmasked, but thought I bought it? I did not go into that used store to buy it, for fear Zodiac worked there and put the watch box in the window as a clue! 

I was being stalked by then, but never thought the stalker could possibly be Zodiac until I started receiving letters, notes in his style printing,  and scary phone calls!

Posted : February 14, 2022 6:16 pm
Russ Thompson
(@russ-thompson)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

@sandy-betts You are correct, those symbols are not technically “zodiac symbols” or even “crosshairs.” Just close facsimiles.

That was too much!

Posted : February 14, 2022 10:07 pm
Russ Thompson
(@russ-thompson)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

More:

⌖

[amp]target;
[amp]#x02316;
[amp]#8982;

That was too much!

Posted : April 7, 2022 6:18 pm
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

There was also the Zodiac car which had a similar logo, Except the Zodiac watch and that logo was exact with the overlapping cross. It is mainly a divers watch.

Darlene and Jim went to the Virgin Islands with a man they called Honcho. they dove for seashells. I believe that man was who Darlene saw kill someone and was the same man who killed her, to keep his secret! 

Posted : April 8, 2022 2:52 am
Share: