Zodiac Discussion Forum

Notifications
Clear all

More than one of Zodiac's prints on the cab?

44 Posts
21 Users
0 Reactions
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin
Topic starter

More than one of Zodiac’s prints on the cab?

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : June 18, 2015 5:36 pm
(@pinkphantom)
Honorable Member

Maybe. I tend to think the prints that wernt bloody aren’t from Z and just everyday customers. Sure hope they checked them out anyhow though and didn’t write them off entirely. man I can only imagine how many prints were all over that cab from everyday fares. It probably would only prove he was a passenger in the cab, but it would not prove he was the murderer. Unless the print is in blood.

Still wouldn’t PROVE without a reasonable doubt that a bloody print was Zodiacs. The EMTs could have left it or one of the many ppl who showed up on scene after the crime. Or as some have suggested the print could have been a plant.

I doubt that print is still viable if they attempted to collect it. Maybe they were able to keep a picture of the print, but I mean jeez half of the ink prints they took back in those days are toast by now. Can’t imagine the bloody prints would fare any better.

You have to remember the Zodiac isn’t the only case file warehoused at SFPD. They have handled hundred of cases before and since the Zodiac. California isn’t just the Zodiac Killer. There were many nasty psychopaths here in the 70’s. the Zodiac wasn’t the only crime that received priority, but it was one of the crimes that the press made famous in the public domain.

At any rate I don’t think the prints, especially these days, would mean a lick of a difference in proving one of those many prints belonged to the killer. Too many variables at play. The cab was compromised from the start bc it was available to anyone. It wasn’t a crime scene that was clean from the start with the ability to find foreign prints among organic prints from the victim and their known connections. Jmo.

Posted : June 18, 2015 6:32 pm
Norse
(@norse)
Noble Member

Maybe. I tend to think the prints that wernt bloody aren’t from Z and just everyday customers. Sure hope they checked them out anyhow though and didn’t write them off entirely. man I can only imagine how many prints were all over that cab from everyday fares. It probably would only prove he was a passenger in the cab, but it would not prove he was the murderer. Unless the print is in blood.

There were lots of prints according to Insp. Armstrong. As in: Lots of prints which in all likelihood were left by regular customers (which it would have been very hard to check).

But the story goes as such: There were prints the SFPD were "confident" about. Why? Because they were "bloody", in the sense that there was blood residue "under" them rather than "over" them, meaning they had to have been left there after the blood got on the surface.

Posted : June 18, 2015 6:45 pm
(@pinkphantom)
Honorable Member

Yes Norse we said the same thing in two different ways. I agree with you.

Posted : June 18, 2015 6:47 pm
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin
Topic starter

The Bloody Prints definitely belong to Z,or cop/EMT,etc

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : June 18, 2015 6:50 pm
(@pinkphantom)
Honorable Member

Yup the angle of a cop/EMT possibly leaving the bloody print from Stine has always concerned me… I mean why would Z seem to be wiping off the side of the car and miss that obvious bloody print? I doubt it is his.

Posted : June 18, 2015 6:55 pm
Norse
(@norse)
Noble Member

It wasn’t necessarily an obvious print.

The one they were confident about was not, in my opinion, the very obvious "smear" which Pelissetti observed and has talked about.

Unless the SFPD were shockingly incompetent, the "confident" print clearly does not belong to a cop or a medic. If they weren’t able to rule THAT out, we might as well discard every bit of evidence in the case.

Posted : June 18, 2015 7:21 pm
(@masootz)
Reputable Member

i’m sure zodiac wiped off the prints that were obvious to him but that doesn’t mean he wiped off all of his prints. i was listening to a crime podcast the other day and a police officer mentioned they always dust the back side of the rear view mirror in crimes where the perp likely drove the car. this is because almost everyone thinks to wipe down the steering wheel, door handle, etc but almost no one thinks about the rear view mirror (the adjustment of which is like muscle memory to anyone who has been driving long).

Posted : June 18, 2015 7:37 pm
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

The EMT’s and anyone else that were at the crime scene, were all checked against the prints found in the cab. And none of them matched the prints believed to be Zodiac’s.
What I would like to know is were those prints compared to the ones that Napa got from the phone booth ?

Posted : August 16, 2015 7:51 am
Norse
(@norse)
Noble Member

What I would like to know is were those prints compared to the ones that Napa got from the phone booth ?

Most of the Napa prints would have been useless, I think. And AFAIK the suspected Z print would have been technically incomparable to the SF prints anyway.

Posted : August 16, 2015 7:09 pm
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

Most of the Napa prints would have been useless, I think. And AFAIK the suspected Z print would have been technically incomparable to the SF prints anyway.

How so, even if there were only a few good ridges , couldn’t those be compared to the Napa prints ?

Posted : August 17, 2015 2:11 am
Norse
(@norse)
Noble Member

Well, it has to be a like-for-like comparison. You need, say, two right index finger prints (that are both good enough), or two palm prints (which are good enough) in order to make a comparison. The only Napa print I’ve seen which has been considered a possible Z print is the infamous "moist" palm print. So, even if that print is a good one (which is probably isn’t – because Snook made a mistake when he lifted it) you’d need a good palm print from the cab to compare it to.

The SF prints which the cops believed to be Z’s (the "bloody" ones) might have been compared to the whole batch of Napa prints for all I know, but I can’t confirm that. A match was clearly never found if they were, however – which of course proves nothing, because – as I said above – most of these prints are useless, in the sense that they’re obviously not Z’s (a public phone booth is bound to be covered in fingerprints).

Posted : August 17, 2015 3:13 am
(@tigerdove9)
Trusted Member

These bloody prints left on the cab,
Maybe, the clue to unlocking this case.
I have a feeling, the Killer was not alone.
Has the SFPD run this prints through lately?
Because, those prints may not have been on file
At that time. How hard can it be to Press the button?
Dose SFPD need a reason?

Posted : September 10, 2015 6:48 pm
Pettibon Junction
(@pettibon-junction)
Reputable Member

I have a feeling, the Killer was not alone.

None of the witnesses ever reported seeing a second person, either at the scene or fleeing from it.

"There are such devils."
-The Pledge

Posted : September 10, 2015 6:53 pm
(@ithinkiknow)
Estimable Member

Are there any confirmed Zodiac fingerprints in the public domain?

Posted : May 16, 2020 11:41 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: