14 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

50Th Anniversary of BRS Article:

https://www.timesheraldonline.com/2019/07/03/former-vallejo-woman-recalls-her-sister-murdered-by-the-zodiac-killer-50-years-ago-this-weekend/&ct=ga&cd=CAEYACoTOTUwNTE4NzE2MDg1OTMzODEzMzIaM2JkNWYyMmYzNmIyNDQ5YTpjb206ZW46VVM&usg=AFQjCNER5I4X7_jyn3C8zm2alCmS0dgNs g”> https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&u … lCmS0dgNsg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If Zodiac ever joined a Z forum, I’m sure he would have been banned for not following forum rules. Zam’s/Quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted : July 4, 2019 5:12 am
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

Who ever believes she was at Blue Rock Springs seconds before her sister was shot, I have some beach front property for you in Arizona. I am still having a hard time believing she actually said that? Could the reporter have misunderstood her? When I met her in March of 1990, she told me where she was when Darlene was shot, she most certainly did not tell me she was at Blue Rock Springs! If that were true, it would have been reported to the police and in a report. I do not remember reading about any helicopters flying over the park looking for the shooter either. Why would they do that when Mike probably told them he drove off?

Mike would have mentioned that Pam was there if she was. If she was just leaving as she heard the pop pop sounds , she would not see the cop cars either, because Mike was on that ground for a long time before the police got there . They took their time going, because they thought it was just more fireworks. If she was there she would have seen the Zodiac parked there, his leaving and returning to park behind her sisters car. The grounds keepers children said they heard arguing , just before the gun shots. She would have heard that as well. She would have been back down town by the time the police got to the park. I am very disappointed that she would say such a thing.

She phoned me this morning , I knew she would because I rebuffed a post about Leo making all of the phone calls the night Darlene was killed. She had told me in 1990 ,he was arrested that night just before the shooting, so he could not have made those calls. If I were trying to find someone and made phone calls , I would ask for the person not just breath heavy into the phone. ( That is what Zodiac does)

There is a poster at Tom’s who is saying that Pam after all these yrs could be mixed up about where she was that night? OMG I can not believe some of these people LOL.

Posted : July 4, 2019 9:17 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Sandy–did Pam admit to saying she was there?

If she did say she was, is she to be believed about anything else?

It wouldn’t surprise me if Pam believes the things she says–she has been through a lot, and maybe some things were twisted, not believed when true, etc. Just don’t know at this point what is to be taken as fact or truth when other statements are dismissed, ya know?

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : July 18, 2019 1:23 am
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

I chose to delete this post, it was done while I was extremely upset and was not necessary to tell.

Posted : July 18, 2019 6:53 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

I was just thinking that I don’t know if she even realizes she is doing it. She probably believes what she says to be truthful.

I thought she phoned you after you read the article so I was curious if she told you she was there when she called.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : July 18, 2019 7:05 am
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

No she wouldn’t dare call me , because she knows that was a lie and that I knew it was. She probably saw my out burst on Tom’s site, I could not hold my feeling back , that infuriated me! I don’t think she thought the article would be on the internet, because she called and asked the reporter to mail her a copy of the paper so she could see it.

Posted : July 18, 2019 7:14 am
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

Pam just called me a few minutes ago and asked if I would ask everyone who read that article , that she is very sorry that she said that.
She told me that while she was being interviewed, she was having a stroke and giving herself a shot and that had to be the only reason she would say such a thing!
She has asked the VTH reporter to please do a retraction , because that was not a true story, she was not at Blue Rock Springs and is very sorry for saying she was there.

It could also be the meds she is taking that caused her to make that story up, thank goodness she is sorry for causing the mess. ( Those were her words about the mess)
Her brother and sister are upset at her for saying what she did. Her husband tried to stop her when he heard what she was saying, but she didn’t understand at that time why he tried to stop her. Now she knows, so from now on he has to be there when ever she talks about the Zodiac case.

Posted : July 18, 2019 9:46 pm
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member

No she wouldn’t dare call me , because she knows that was a lie and that I knew it was. She probably saw my out burst on Tom’s site, I could not hold my feeling back , that infuriated me! I don’t think she thought the article would be on the internet, because she called and asked the reporter to mail her a copy of the paper so she could see it.

Now I get really confused Sandy!

In one of your first posts you wrote that Pad had called you:
She phoned me this morning , I knew she would because I rebuffed a post about Leo making all of the phone calls the night Darlene was killed.

But then when Tahoe asked something in connection with Pam’s phone call you replied:
"No she wouldn’t dare call me , because she knows that was a lie and that I knew it was."

So which is it; did Pam call or not ?

Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

Posted : July 18, 2019 10:44 pm
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

She phoned me this morning , I knew she would because I rebuffed a post about Leo making all of the phone calls the night Darlene was killed.

But then when Tahoe asked something in connection with Pam’s phone call you replied:
"No she wouldn’t dare call me , because she knows that was a lie and that I knew it was."

I can understand why the confusion, I was talking about separate phone calls and separate postings. This morning on 7-18-2019 she called me about the lie she had told about being at BRS on July 4th 1969. She was sorry that she lied about that and asked me to tell everyone that she is sorry about lying. When Tahoe asked me previously , if Pam had called, that had nothing to do with this mornings phone call. That was about if Pam had called me right after reading the article. I did not think that Pam would call to discus her interview, because she knew I knew it was a lie. She waited and called me this morning, I hope that makes it more clear?

Posted : July 19, 2019 2:39 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member

I can understand why the confusion, I was talking about separate phone calls and separate postings. This morning on 7-18-2019 she called me about the lie she had told about being at BRS on July 4th 1969. She was sorry that she lied about that and asked me to tell everyone that she is sorry about lying. When Tahoe asked me previously , if Pam had called, that had nothing to do with this mornings phone call. That was about if Pam had called me right after reading the article. I did not think that Pam would call to discus her interview, because she knew I knew it was a lie. She waited and called me this morning, I hope that makes it more clear?

No it does not Sandy, because you posted your statement "She phoned me this morning" in your July 4th post.

Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

Posted : July 19, 2019 3:47 am
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

She called me the morning she was interviewed ( That may have been the 4th? ), it was a few minutes before she gave her interview. The reason she called was to tell me that everyone was calling her for interviews. When she found out that the reporter had called me also , was when she asked me to give her the reporters phone number. That was the day of the interview and long before the article was put on the internet. I had no idea what she told the reporter, until much later, it upset me to read what she told the reporter.

Today is a different day , she called me "this morning 7-18-19" to ask me to tell everyone she is sorry. That has nothing to do with the morning of the 4th of July or the other day when Tahoe asked if she had called me yet about the newspaper article? That was when I told Tahoe I didn’t think Pam would call me , because Pam knew I knew that was a lie.
And I was right, she did not call me until this morning 7-18- 19 , two weeks from the first call.

She called me on "two separate mornings 14 days apart" ,we had two different conversations on two different mornings. ( She usually calls me in the morning.)

Posted : July 19, 2019 6:54 am
(@quagmire)
Estimable Member

I feel desperately sorry for Pam and what she has gone through. I also however feel sorry for rookie investigators to the case who have to wade through all the tall tales about Darlene being stalked by Larry Kane, Leigh Allen, Richard Gaik, Will Grant, etc. and now that Pam was also at BRS on the night of the shooting.

You have to wonder if anything at all is true over the last 50 years, whether it is stories about guys in suits at painting parties, middle aged men sitting outside her house in cars stalking her, anonymous calls to Pam by Z and so on and so forth. I’m just waiting for a story to emerge about how Donna Lass sold Darlene drugs at the painting party and was later kidnapped by drug dealers and Jim Crabtree who then posted pictures of Donna’s body to Pam but she accidentally lost them 15 years later whilst spring cleaning and they’re almost definitely in a shoe box in her brother’s attic where she keeps Paul Stine’s glasses which were left on her lawn by Rick Marshall.

Seriously – whatever next?

Posted : July 19, 2019 12:36 pm
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

I feel desperately sorry for Pam and what she has gone through. I also however feel sorry for rookie investigators to the case who have to wade through all the tall tales about Darlene being stalked by Larry Kane, Leigh Allen, Richard Gaik, Will Grant, etc. and now that Pam was also at BRS on the night of the shooting.

You have to wonder if anything at all is true over the last 50 years, whether it is stories about guys in suits at painting parties, middle aged men sitting outside her house in cars stalking her, anonymous calls to Pam by Z and so on and so forth. I’m just waiting for a story to emerge about how Donna Lass sold Darlene drugs at the painting party and was later kidnapped by drug dealers and Jim Crabtree who then posted pictures of Donna’s body to Pam but she accidentally lost them 15 years later whilst spring cleaning and they’re almost definitely in a shoe box in her brother’s attic where she keeps Paul Stine’s glasses which were left on her lawn by Rick Marshall.

Yes. This.

Posted : July 19, 2019 9:11 pm
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

It is a shame that for what ever reason ( stroke or other reasons) she has made these comments and now everyone is wondering if anything she has said is true!
I know that the man in the suit at the party is true, because I have spoken to others who were at that party who saw the man in the suit. That party was a drug party no one did any painting. The Larry Kane stalker was a man who stalked both Pam and I at the same time, however he was" not Larry Kane" as we were told. I thought he was Kane for yrs, but when Kane died the man who we thought was Kane was still very much alive!(He only looked very much like Kane.) I asked Buzz Gordon if he was at that party, he said no that he went out with Darlene only one time and was never at her home or apt. We can probably disregard the suspects at the party and the Vallejo cops being at a drug party. The phone calls made right after Darlene was shot , I truly believe were made by Zodiac and not brother Leo, who could not make those calls, because he was arrested about the time of that shooting. Shifting through all of the statements made, to find which is true and which are not could take yrs! Maybe we should disregard all of it and just go by what the police knew to be true at that time?

Posted : July 21, 2019 7:57 pm
Share: