Zodiac Discussion Forum

What is the explana…

Notifications
Clear all

What is the explanation for the Zodiac correctly guessing unsolved cases 50 years later?

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
BDHolland
(@peaceandlove)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

The Zodiac seems to have picked murders where the perp was not identified.

How did the Zodiac know that he wouldn’t be exposed as a liar by a sudden reveal of who the perp was?

Or has that happened that he has already been busted doing this somehow?

The Zodiac is lucky… but that lucky?

www.zodiachalloweencard.com has a 400 paged book for free containing the super solution with an overarching explanation of the cards and more.

Posted : July 28, 2021 4:07 pm
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

He didn’t always pick murders where the perpetrator wasn’t identified – Karl Francis Werner.

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/

“I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story, two equal and logical sides to an argument.” Edward R. Murrow.

Posted : July 28, 2021 4:22 pm
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member

Yeah, that might be the elephant in the room here. He never denied the connection, then he stopped writing letters after Werner’s arrest.

Posted : July 28, 2021 4:47 pm
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

The Zodiac Killer also never claimed any non-canonical murders by name, always allowing himself a get-out-clause. He did this by insinuating his involvement in the Snoozy/Furlong murders through many clues. He wrote “I shot a man sitting in a parked car with a .38”, thereby suggesting he was involved in the murder of Sgt Richard Radetich. He gave himself a get-out-clause in case it was solved by using the word “man”. He cryptically referred to the disappearance of Donna Lass, never once claiming he murdered her, yet suggesting that he did. He insinuated his involvement in the “riverside activity”, allowing himself the leeway of being responsible for Cheri Jo Bates’ murder or just the communications – or both – had the perpetrator been caught. His communications regarding the non-canonical crimes always allowed him leeway by being less than specific. This is what separates the letters related to the canonical crimes, from the letters related to the non-canonical crimes – a lack of proof, just generality.   

“I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story, two equal and logical sides to an argument.” Edward R. Murrow.

Posted : July 28, 2021 6:35 pm
BDHolland
(@peaceandlove)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

What is the order of mailing for the 13th hole card, Pines card and Monticello card?

Was the Pines card published before the Monticello card was sent?

www.zodiachalloweencard.com has a 400 paged book for free containing the super solution with an overarching explanation of the cards and more.

Posted : July 28, 2021 7:31 pm
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

@bdholland 13-Hole postcard (October 5th 1970), Pines (22nd March 1971), 148 character cipher & letter (probably May 2nd 1971) and Monticello card (July 13th 1971).

Posted : July 28, 2021 8:21 pm
Russ Thompson
(@russ-thompson)
Reputable Member

[Zodiac] didn’t always pick murders where the perpetrator wasn’t identified – Karl Francis Werner.

And murders that Zodiac did not claim have been attributed to him, such as the Domingos & Edwards double murder. That case is still open, BTW.

That was too much!

Posted : July 28, 2021 8:59 pm
BDHolland
(@peaceandlove)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Okay, that makes sense because of the possibility that someone had seen the Pines Card before the Monticello card was sent. Which means it should pop up in a search and it seems it does.

26th March 1971 – The Sacramento Bee

I didn’t look much further but maybe there are more.

Posted : July 28, 2021 9:01 pm
ZteveMcQueen
(@ztevemcqueen)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @richard-grinell

He didn’t always pick murders where the perpetrator wasn’t identified – Karl Francis Werner.

Are you saying that based on the Fairfield letter? Because if so, that letter seems obviously fake. The crosshair isn’t right, and it’s written in all capital letters, which AKAIK Zodiac never used.

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/zodiac-news/stop-listening-to-phonys

Zodiac was a screwup. He left behind five breathing victims, two survivors, bootprints, possibly fingerprints and palmprints, tiretracks, eyewitnesses, and earwitnesses. If the APB had gone out for a WMA he would have been locked up in ’69.

Posted : July 29, 2021 3:54 pm
ZteveMcQueen
(@ztevemcqueen)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @richard-grinell

The Zodiac Killer also never claimed any non-canonical murders by name, always allowing himself a get-out-clause. He did this by insinuating his involvement in the Snoozy/Furlong murders through many clues. He wrote “I shot a man sitting in a parked car with a .38”, thereby suggesting he was involved in the murder of Sgt Richard Radetich. He gave himself a get-out-clause in case it was solved by using the word “man”. He cryptically referred to the disappearance of Donna Lass, never once claiming he murdered her, yet suggesting that he did. He insinuated his involvement in the “riverside activity”, allowing himself the leeway of being responsible for Cheri Jo Bates’ murder or just the communications – or both – had the perpetrator been caught. His communications regarding the non-canonical crimes always allowed him leeway by being less than specific. This is what separates the letters related to the canonical crimes, from the letters related to the non-canonical crimes – a lack of proof, just generality.   

Yes and no. I don’t know that it’s significant that he didn’t refer to the non-canonical victims by name, since he never referred to the canonical victims by name, either.

I think you’re right that it’s noteworthy that he provided no evidence that he was responsible for the non-canonical murders. He wrote to the newspapers with evidence of three of them, and at the other, he took credit by writing on Hartnell’s car and by calling the police afterward. Taking credit and providing proof was his thing in the canonical murders. Of course, maybe the others aren’t canonical because he didn’t take credit for reasons known only to him.

Zodiac was a screwup. He left behind five breathing victims, two survivors, bootprints, possibly fingerprints and palmprints, tiretracks, eyewitnesses, and earwitnesses. If the APB had gone out for a WMA he would have been locked up in ’69.

Posted : July 29, 2021 3:59 pm
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

@ztevemcqueen I have given many reasons on why I believe the 148 character cipher & letter is genuine in “categories” on “Zodiac News”. There is no way a Zodiac hoaxer would not be able to get the crosshairs correct, so that isn’t very convincing. The “sun cross” used instead of crosshairs was represented by the letter “Z” in the cipher, so the Zodiac Killer was simply signing the letter with a Z, as he had done previously in the Halloween card. I won’t go through the reasons why I believe the letter genuine again, other than

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/zodiac-news/the-headlines-that-inspired-the-340-and-148-character-ciphers

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/zodiac-news/ten-reasons-of-se7en-in-two-zodiac-ciphers

The authenticity of the Fairfield letters and 148 character cipher letter have been bolstered by the solving of the 340.

Posted : July 29, 2021 5:19 pm
Share: