13 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member
Topic starter

IMDB – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371739/?re … lmg_act_13

Not sure if anyone has seen this or not. I’m about to watch it now. The movie is on youtube… http://youtu.be/m94Ris2GomA

A few minutes ago on a toilet not very far, far away….

Posted : November 10, 2014 2:32 pm
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I sure hope this guy wasn’t going for accuracy. 3 minutes in and already very innacurate lol.

Posted : November 10, 2014 2:36 pm
glurk
(@glurk)
Prominent Member

That movie is more like "kinda loosely based on the Zodiac." But I saw that on DVD when it first came out, and that is what actually spurred my interest in the whole thing. The special features stuff had the ciphers and it got me interested enough to write a program to try to solve the 340, and here I still am, almost 10 years later… :o

-glurk

——————————–
I don’t believe in monsters.

Posted : November 10, 2014 2:45 pm
duckking2001
(@duckking2001)
Honorable Member

In some ways it’s more accurate than the other film because it has stuff that that movie leaves out, like most of the letters and the first crime scene.

It’s not as well of a produced movie as the Fincher film, but I think it’s pretty good.

The best part is that the guy who plays Morrill is in both movies.

Posted : November 10, 2014 5:21 pm
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

I have it either on dvd or on the ‘puter somewhere. Prob the ‘puter cause I watched it again within the last 9 months or so I think. For the reasons already cited I also liked it and enjoyed it. Here’s the weird thing though and this will probably confirm once and for all that I am completely mental. I have a memory of watching a movie with my mum and gran when I was young and it was this movie but It can’t have been this movie but it was, at least in my memory. That whole bit at the start where they are theorizing at the LHR scene as to how he hit them in the dark, the angles, the stances of the actors, all of it. When I watched it again for the first time it all came back to me. :shock:

I thought no way, this is the movie … but it can’t have been. It’s like that time I had a dream about my christening and when I told my mum the next morning she nearly had a heart attack because I told her things about it that I was never told about the day.

Yours Truley,

Teddy Bonkers. :lol:

Anywho, yeah, good film if just for the reason that it includes LHR.

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : November 10, 2014 9:15 pm
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member

I have it either on dvd or on the ‘puter somewhere. Prob the ‘puter cause I watched it again within the last 9 months or so I think. For the reasons already cited I also liked it and enjoyed it. Here’s the weird thing though and this will probably confirm once and for all that I am completely mental. I have a memory of watching a movie with my mum and gran when I was young and it was this movie but It can’t have been this movie but it was, at least in my memory. That whole bit at the start where they are theorizing at the LHR scene as to how he hit them in the dark, the angles, the stances of the actors, all of it. When I watched it again for the first time it all came back to me. :shock:

I thought no way, this is the movie … but it can’t have been. It’s like that time I had a dream about my christening and when I told my mum the next morning she nearly had a heart attack because I told her things about it that I was never told about the day.

Yours Truley,

Teddy Bonkers. :lol:

Anywho, yeah, good film if just for the reason that it includes LHR.

Oh TraveIler! I just LOVE the way your mind works :P

Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

Posted : November 11, 2014 1:35 am
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

You’re too kind TF. In reality it feels like this. :D

Posted : November 11, 2014 2:35 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member

You’re too kind TF. In reality it feels like this. :D

Ha Ha…but NOPE! I’m NOT too kind dear traveller 8-) , my remark was based on me reading your posts for about 1 year and 8 months ;)

Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

Posted : November 11, 2014 4:32 am
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Yeah, it ended up being a pretty good movie.

Posted : November 11, 2014 1:57 pm
smithy
(@smithy)
Prominent Member

I was quite sane until I saw the 340, *wibble wibble*, but if you’re truly bonkers Trav, I think influence on the part of your maternal forebears encouraging you to watch movies of this type at an early age may be to blame. Perhaps. ;)

Posted : November 11, 2014 6:09 pm
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

Blame or thank. It’s a fine line lol.

They both passed away 5 yrs before this film was made btw. This may or may not say something about the brain’s capacity to store information and how it’s filed. It’s no wonder LE try to interview witnesses to things as quickly as possible after the event. It’s not just that details fade, sometimes they get completely distorted and rewritten into little fairy tales.

Posted : November 11, 2014 6:21 pm
(@markuskatus)

I sure hope this guy wasn’t going for accuracy. 3 minutes in and already very innacurate lol.

Watched it last night. Pretty good. At the outset it states that names and places have been changed to protect the crime scenes and people involved. The letters and 408 cipher were accurate.

It was good to see the Vallejo POV, rather than focusing on SF, as well as the first two crimes.

Posted : September 20, 2017 3:58 am
joku
 joku
(@joku)
Estimable Member

Watched this film a while ago and have to say I liked it a lot. Sure it is not completely factual but the mood was nice and I liked that there was also some of Zodiac’s "perspective". Fincher’s film although cinematically excellent is very clinical on Zodiac as a character.

Depends on the viewer of course but I’d recommend this one over the Fincher film to someone who wants a rough introduction to the case through a movie.

Posted : January 31, 2018 1:17 am
Share: